Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 08:19 PM

122 posts, read 210,930 times

Advertisements

I just heard on NY 1 news that the Sanitation Dept. many trucks are disabled on city streets or broken, or PURPOSE. And that is a SABOTAGE from the Unions for the cuts Mayor Bloomberg has made.

I say get rid of the unions, and hire new people. I am sure they will find plenty. Unions are sucking this city dry, and no matter how much they are given, they want more, and more, and more. The police, firefighters, sanitation, and teachers unions demand, demand, and demand. When is it going to end. !!!!!!!!!!!

I have to pay medical benefits, they get it for free.......even implants from dental surgeons, they go to the best doctors, hospitals for free. They get discounts galore............they are always demanding raises..........let's get rid of all these blood suckers.

Today, I am stuck in my house because not one snow plower has passed by, and god knows when they will come. This is a disgrace.......people of NYC wake up, and next time we select a mayor, vote for one that wants to get rid of those bloodhound suckers called UNIONS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 08:22 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,060,442 times
Johnny: You have a list of 29,000+ that took the 6063 exam back in June of 2007, yet they have barely hired 300 new
sanitation workers since the list was established in Feb,2008. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?

The problem is that Bloomberg is a lame duck mayor, so he can and will get away with MURDER. Just like Bush in his
2nd term sank this country deeper into debt. He has nothing to lose. I don't think the DSNY trucks are breaking down on purpose,
you have over 1,000 MTA buses stranded out there as well as ambulances and even fire trucks have had a hard time in this blizzard.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:37 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,213,961 times
Johnny, I think your ny post subscription needs a renewal. Better hurry up and get on that, bro.....

Old 12-27-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
Johnny: You have a list of 29,000+ that took the 6063 exam back in June of 2007, yet they have barely hired 300 new
sanitation workers since the list was established in Feb,2008. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?

The problem is that Bloomberg is a lame duck mayor, so he can and will get away with MURDER. Just like Bush in his
2nd term sank this country deeper into debt. He has nothing to lose. I don't think the DSNY trucks are breaking down on purpose,
you have over 1,000 MTA buses stranded out there as well as ambulances and even fire trucks have had a hard time in this blizzard.
That was what I hear on NY 1 news, that many of the equipment has been sabotaged. It is difficult to run a city the correct way, if thousands and thousands of NYC workers have their hands out all the time, with give me, give me, give me. P L E A S E !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-28-2010, 08:51 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,372,483 times
Vantastic I think it is wrong to say Bloomberg is a lame duck Mayor. He continues to move this city forward, and is in fact now trying to revamp the juvenile justice system which is not only a money pit, but is failing our kids and turning them into career criminals. A lame duck Mayor would not even attempt such a feet, and I applaud him for making the effort that NOBODY else even tries.

As for Unions, I don't think they belong in the public sector, but can exist privately.

Last edited by SobroGuy; 12-28-2010 at 09:16 AM..

Old 12-28-2010, 09:04 AM

5,462 posts, read 5,704,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny come lately View Post
That was what I hear on NY 1 news, that many of the equipment has been sabotaged. It is difficult to run a city the correct way, if thousands and thousands of NYC workers have their hands out all the time, with give me, give me, give me. P L E A S E !!!!!!!!!!!!
Conspiracy to and sabotage of the city property is a serious crime (we are talking jail time here not simply fines). I doubt unions did something like that, and if someone did they should be prosecuted.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:12 AM

146 posts, read 259,071 times
Thank Deputy Mayor Stephen Goldsmith who has adopted all these cost cutting programs to all agencies including the sanitation department. he has been told that the dept would be understaffed for a smajor storm and disregarded all advice from dept heads and experianced chiefs. he is demoting supervisors this weekend so guess what even less supervision for the operation it is a disaster some things cannot be cut it is necessary for the lifeblood of this city. people cant have it both ways cut city workers they are leaches then when they are not happy ask where is everyone i have not sen anyone why are the bosses not instructing the plows to go here and so on and so forth. he is doing it in all depts he was the mayor of indianaopolis which is like the size of lower manhattan he has no idea what hes doing just looks at a board and says cut this this will save x amount without understanding it. there was no slowdown just less workers and less supervision.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullprick View Post
Thank Deputy Mayor Stephen Goldsmith who has adopted all these cost cutting programs to all agencies including the sanitation department. he has been told that the dept would be understaffed for a smajor storm and disregarded all advice from dept heads and experianced chiefs. he is demoting supervisors this weekend so guess what even less supervision for the operation it is a disaster some things cannot be cut it is necessary for the lifeblood of this city. people cant have it both ways cut city workers they are leaches then when they are not happy ask where is everyone i have not sen anyone why are the bosses not instructing the plows to go here and so on and so forth. he is doing it in all depts he was the mayor of indianaopolis which is like the size of lower manhattan he has no idea what hes doing just looks at a board and says cut this this will save x amount without understanding it. there was no slowdown just less workers and less supervision.
There was a deliberate slow down, which is coming out now into focus a little bit at a time. When cuts are made due to the recession, everyone should be grateful they still have a job, and work harder. But, these union leaches want it all.

They placed the lives of many elderly, disabled people, and sick children at risk. They should be punished to the full extent of the law, and fired, so that the people that really want to work, have a chance to their jobs.

It was shameful and disgraceful, and made a mockery of the poor Mayor, who has been trying so hard to make NYC a better place to live.

This should not go unpunished.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:30 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,213,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny come lately View Post
and made a mockery of the poor Mayor, who has been trying so hard to make NYC a better place to live.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-01-2011, 09:49 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,734,455 times
Quote:
There was a deliberate slow down, which is coming out now into focus a little bit at a time. When cuts are made due to the recession, everyone should be grateful they still have a job, and work harder. But, these union leaches want it all.

They placed the lives of many elderly, disabled people, and sick children at risk. They should be punished to the full extent of the law, and fired, so that the people that really want to work, have a chance to their jobs. It was shameful and disgraceful.....
This was a ethical problem and not as a union problem. the people who ordered this slowdown when the city was in need should all be arrested and charged with endangerment. but it shouldn't just stop there. We should also go after the workers that had people die in the areas they were in charge of cleaning due to emergency vehicles couldn't get through. they put their paychecks in head of people.

When Reagan terminated most of the air traffic controllers everyone thought the world would stop. Its time for NY gov't (state & city) to take back control and state things like this will not be tolerated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City