Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2011, 12:04 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,289,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Before I catch flack once again for something I say I'll just take the heat and embrace it... yes it's your local police hater who can't stand the men who risk their lives everyday protecting us coming at you with another scandal to rock the NYPD...

NYPD ticket-fixing scandal: Bronx DA seek indictments for 17 cops

There you go making anti-police posts again. They're just cops being cops...the truth is, ticket-fixing is on a steady decline since the 1970's...nothing to see here folks lol..

Old 09-21-2011, 06:37 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,375,776 times
I don't think posting and complaining about the merry-go-round of criminal cops is anti-police. It is the reality we all live with, and I do believe it was exponentially worse years/decades ago.

However how can you say ticket-fixing is on a steady decline since the 70s? There has never been any accounting of how many tickets have been fixed for the past 40 years....so we don't know whether this is going up or down.

I think cops have a very unenviable job, however for many people, it is one of the few jobs that will provide them a decent salary with good benefits and pensions. However, I avoid cops at all costs, nor will I ever have any friends that are cops, or let them into my house under any circumstance (unless they have a warrant of course) because of the potential for problems. It is good advice.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:44 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,496 times
If I may... My issue is not with the cops that do the right thing... It never has been... I appreciate as much if not more than anyone else the fact that honest hard-working cops are putting their lives on the line to protect the people of this city... However, I have seen too much corruption with cops especially in terms of ticket scandals but it isn't limited to this where I am a leary about a good number of people on the force... And those that quit the force early will tell you that they don't appreciate the corruption either or the way Commissioner Kelly handles alot of things... So I don't appreciate being labeled a cop hater when I have a number of friends who are or were cops that aren't a part of the group mentioned in that article but rather try as best they can to do the right thing even in tough situations and that I can definitely appreciate...

Old 09-21-2011, 06:24 PM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
I loved this quote today in the Daily News:"It's a bad time to be a cop in NY."

From what I see, it's not really a bad time to be a cop in NYC at all. Granted, it is probably a bad time to be a bad cop in NYC though.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:43 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I loved this quote today in the Daily News:"It's a bad time to be a cop in NY."

From what I see, it's not really a bad time to be a cop in NYC at all. Granted, it is probably a bad time to be a bad cop in NYC though.
rep point coming your way

Old 09-24-2011, 09:44 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,397,852 times
Due to an issue with very long threads, this thread has been closed. The discussion continues in Part II, and can be found here: //www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...read-part.html

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City