Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2011, 01:14 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,562,043 times

Advertisements

YouTube - An afternoon with the NYPD

Wow...really?! This is what the NYPD is good for? SMH

Old 04-16-2011, 04:25 PM

810 posts, read 837,007 times
Black cop forgets about white guy he was ticketing to arrest mouthy Latino man. If the races were distributed differently we would have seen constant coverage on the news about this "outrage".

Old 04-17-2011, 10:16 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,047,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
Bed-Stuy keeping it real, this time a gang of female thugs assaulting an American Idol contestant with a padlock to the jaw. Everything except the viciousness of those "girls" was blamed for the attack.

Talent Show Attack: 5 Teens Charged In Brutal Attack Of Talent Show Rival Shacara McLaurin - WPIX
I hate Bed-Stuy, look at how ghetto those kids are. Shudders. I bet those kids that they show rob and assualt people. Probably have been locked up.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:58 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,496 times
Where's sobroguy when you need him... this is our brilliant police force that we have... btw, I think this is the third or fourth time this year they've been in the news for things like this...

NYPD ticket fix probe could net more than 400 cops - NYPOST.com

Old 04-17-2011, 04:48 PM

WOOOOWWWW @ supermario... We usually agree on most parts but what in the video made these kids look ghetto aside from what most would say which is that there black... those kids look like any regular kids from high school...

To be honest, I don't see the poverty level and ghetto look in any neighborhood since the early 2000s... Kids nowadays dress to impress and even the supposedly poorest person on the block you see with a blackberry and $250 sneakers... yea thats poverty all right... what that is, is mismanagement of money...

Old 04-18-2011, 06:40 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,375,776 times
I am always here anon....no worries. Not sure why you are calling me on the batphone though...this "ticket fix" nonsense is old news. That's like being surprised that your best friend who works at an autobody shop can get you a free paint job...no different than your friend at the precinct "fixing" your ticket. Everyone knows cops don't ticket eachother either...no surprises there. This has been going on as long as cops have been giving out tickets, and it won't change, ever. There would be no police force otherwise because they are all guilty of it in one way or another. Who cares.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:01 AM

810 posts, read 837,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I am always here anon....no worries. Not sure why you are calling me on the batphone though...this "ticket fix" nonsense is old news. That's like being surprised that your best friend who works at an autobody shop can get you a free paint job...no different than your friend at the precinct "fixing" your ticket. Everyone knows cops don't ticket eachother either...no surprises there. This has been going on as long as cops have been giving out tickets, and it won't change, ever. There would be no police force otherwise because they are all guilty of it in one way or another. Who cares.
Typical Bloomie response...

"Murder, theft, rape, nepotism, corruption. Who cares. It will always happen. Deal with it, man."

"Huh, guns for law-abiding citizens? NNNEEEVVVAAARR!!!!"

Old 04-18-2011, 11:25 AM

Thank you at allen... apparently he didn't finish reading the link...

Old 04-18-2011, 12:13 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,375,776 times
Now what does Bloomie have to do with this? Like Bloomberg has anything to do with this and it started under Bloomberg? Nonsense Bloomberg bashing as usual.

This is something that has been going on since cops first started handing out tickets..they don't ticket other cops, and their friends get their tickets "fixed." I am not saying it's ok, or that it should continue, but I can say it is usual human behavior and nothing shocking.

You never got into a club for free because you knew someone? This is no different...you know a cop or someone on the inside and you get the ticket "fixed." Just remember however, the same people that are "fixing" tickets are the same people who are "fixing" other things...which means there is little intregrity/honesty in the police force...which is the bigger problem and why it's a major issue.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:25 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,047,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
WOOOOWWWW @ supermario... We usually agree on most parts but what in the video made these kids look ghetto aside from what most would say which is that there black... those kids look like any regular kids from high school...

To be honest, I don't see the poverty level and ghetto look in any neighborhood since the early 2000s... Kids nowadays dress to impress and even the supposedly poorest person on the block you see with a blackberry and $250 sneakers... yea thats poverty all right... what that is, is mismanagement of money...
Cmon man...those black kids are a danger to society, you see how they talk? How they make light of the situation? Every conflict that I've had with black kids looked and acted like that. If you don't think they rob, assault, or hustle then I don't know what to tell you. All I know is if I run into a group like that, or if you, or if anyone, we're in trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City