U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2011, 09:03 PM

5,545 posts, read 1,972,844 times

Advertisements

OfficerC93, are you sure you want to move to NYC? Because according to you, not even a year ago, you created two different topics (here's the one in the California forum and the other one in the Education forum) stating:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficerC93 View Post
I plan to leave [Philadelphia] for college and go to college somewhere like the LA area, San Diego area, Tampa Bay area, somewhere that's nice and warm all year round.

You need to make up your mind about where you want to live first before posting questions here. Not only that, what you're doing is essentially against the Terms of Service (see this thread).

Last edited by Photography; 01-05-2011 at 10:29 PM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 10:09 PM

7,288 posts, read 12,293,203 times
God, leave him alone. He is just a kid trying to figure out what he wants to do. Why is that against the terms of service?

Old 01-05-2011, 10:30 PM

5,545 posts, read 1,972,844 times
Sorry if I came across as harsh, as that wasn't my intention. I do wish him the best of luck with whatever he ends up doing.

Last edited by Photography; 01-05-2011 at 10:40 PM..

Old 01-05-2011, 10:34 PM

2,017 posts, read 4,104,835 times
It is a good thing that your planning.

Listen your already in Philly, and Philly isn't bad at all. If your looking to move here wait until you have completed your education. I know you said your parent's wouldn't be able to help you, but see what type of Awards, grants, Financial Aid etc that your eligible for. Colleges down there like Drexel, Chestnut Hill and Temple have very good programs that you may be able to get into for a fraction of the cost. This is a great time to develop your work ethic for when you decide to make the move. There are plenty of people here without jobs, or searching for more work and you have to be very tactical when playing and maneuvering in this market (more so than others based on the sheer number of people here).

I think there are a lot of options you should explore and think about. My advice to you would be to look at a situation that doesn't put you into a lot of debt so early in the game at your age.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:50 PM

7,288 posts, read 12,293,203 times
Don't get discouraged before you get started. Have big dreams and find a way to live them! Do not settle. LIVE YOUR DREAMS! Lots of people will discourage you. Ignore them. You have to do what is in your heart, the rest will follow.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:49 AM

1,584 posts, read 3,548,673 times
I lived in Philadelphia before I moved here. I can see why he wants to leave so badly and I wish him all the luck in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City