Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 10:40 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,202,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
i think i saw someone get stabbed when i accessed this link. he looked like a white kid from the midwest. i almost felt bad....but, then i remembered that outsiders are ruining my city.
damn, I never got to put that insurance policy on him
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 11:50 AM

20 posts, read 99,278 times
Well, thanks everybody for all your messages. Based on this and a call to the Clinton Hill Precinct Police Captain, I am insisting that my very small, very naive, very inexperienced son find a place elsewhere to live and I will pay for it. By the way Hustler, that's a great map you let me link to! Thanks.

Old 07-19-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjohnson View Post
Well, thanks everybody for all your messages. Based on this and a call to the Clinton Hill Precinct Police Captain, I am insisting that my very small, very naive, very inexperienced son find a place elsewhere to live and I will pay for it. By the way Hustler, that's a great map you let me link to! Thanks.

another satisfied customer, y'all come back soon

we might be a little harsh but if you're going to come to NY you're going to get thicker skin and deal with the directness of our comments

Old 07-19-2007, 02:03 PM

435 posts, read 1,520,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post
i think i saw someone get stabbed when i accessed this link. he looked like a white kid from the midwest. i almost felt bad....but, then i remembered that outsiders are ruining my city.
Like your fleeing italian brothers and sisters aren't........

Old 07-19-2007, 02:08 PM

314 posts, read 492,279 times
^you're killing me here. i get it...we share the blame.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:16 AM

20 posts, read 99,278 times
Dear Kort677, I DID deal with the directness of your comments....I moved my son to the Upper East Side. Now, here's a direct comment for you....if there was any way that my son could receive post-graduate education is his particular field outside of NY, I would JUMP at it. I don't want him in YOUR city any more than you do, believe me! If fact, I actually hope that some of you never want to come to "flyover land" as it is called (with the possible exception of Hustler who was very helpful thanks again). We have a great life --you can walk all over my suburban area without fear, strangers say hello to you when they meet you on the sidewalk, and they offer you help if it is needed. In fact, if anyone asked for help or directions or information about our town, they would recieve a lot of helpful insights and direction. It's not perfect here, but it's a far cry from the jungle you live in. My city has over 3.5 million people in it, so although it is not anywhere near the size of YOUR city, it is not a completely tiny hick town either. We also have a great diversity of people living here -- not all white kids. Although we have crime here, if any of you were to ask me about a section of town I would do my best to assist you and give you straight honest answers without additional nasty comments. I would try to HELP you, not get rid of you. I've been on other city-data forums over the past few months and it's amazing the types of replies you get depending on whether you are talking to East Coasters, Midwesterners, or West Coasters. So I tell you what Kort and Straightshooter, I'll get my son out of your city just as fast as he can finish his education program and I'll be happy to leave you to your native NY. That said, I also have to say that I have also run into some really nice NYers -- the police captain of the Clinton Hill preccint was one (although maybe that's because his dad was from Minnesota!). Well, boys and girls, that's the last you will hear from me. I will not be returning to this thread...you can continue on without me.....good luck!

Old 07-20-2007, 08:49 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,670,391 times
I am very upset here. Someone came looking of insight, and got it from someone (or some people) who never even stepped foot in the neighborhood!

I've made my case about communities of color, and I've made my case about how many of them are improving and are being completely revitalized. But some of you here still have your blatantly racist attitudes (don't tell me it ain't racist, cause it is....TO THE CORE!!!!!!!!!). Attitudes like that keep this city segregated!!!!!

I'm tired of arguing with y'all. My former junior high school teacher would always tell her class, "ignorance is a terrible thing!" Later!

Old 07-20-2007, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjohnson View Post
Dear Kort677, I DID deal with the directness of your comments....I moved my son to the Upper East Side. Now, here's a direct comment for you....if there was any way that my son could receive post-graduate education is his particular field outside of NY, I would JUMP at it. I don't want him in YOUR city any more than you do, believe me! If fact, I actually hope that some of you never want to come to "flyover land" as it is called (with the possible exception of Hustler who was very helpful thanks again). We have a great life --you can walk all over my suburban area without fear, strangers say hello to you when they meet you on the sidewalk, and they offer you help if it is needed. In fact, if anyone asked for help or directions or information about our town, they would recieve a lot of helpful insights and direction. It's not perfect here, but it's a far cry from the jungle you live in. My city has over 3.5 million people in it, so although it is not anywhere near the size of YOUR city, it is not a completely tiny hick town either. We also have a great diversity of people living here -- not all white kids. Although we have crime here, if any of you were to ask me about a section of town I would do my best to assist you and give you straight honest answers without additional nasty comments. I would try to HELP you, not get rid of you. I've been on other city-data forums over the past few months and it's amazing the types of replies you get depending on whether you are talking to East Coasters, Midwesterners, or West Coasters. So I tell you what Kort and Straightshooter, I'll get my son out of your city just as fast as he can finish his education program and I'll be happy to leave you to your native NY. That said, I also have to say that I have also run into some really nice NYers -- the police captain of the Clinton Hill preccint was one (although maybe that's because his dad was from Minnesota!). Well, boys and girls, that's the last you will hear from me. I will not be returning to this thread...you can continue on without me.....good luck!

did that nice cop tell you anything different than we told you?
sorry you didn't like the message we gave you but we were dead on target, and capt minnesota confirmed it. If we didn't hit you so hard with our warning would you have even called that guy up? No, probably not!
we put the fear of god into you and it save you a lot of grief in the process

this hissy fit you've thrown is absurd. next winter go cut a hole in the ice and jump in it

Old 07-20-2007, 10:58 AM

435 posts, read 1,520,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
I am very upset here. Someone came looking of insight, and got it from someone (or some people) who never even stepped foot in the neighborhood!

I've made my case about communities of color, and I've made my case about how many of them are improving and are being completely revitalized. But some of you here still have your blatantly racist attitudes (don't tell me it ain't racist, cause it is....TO THE CORE!!!!!!!!!). Attitudes like that keep this city segregated!!!!!

I'm tired of arguing with y'all. My former junior high school teacher would always tell her class, "ignorance is a terrible thing!" Later!

what do you expect? Habits die hard...

Old 07-20-2007, 11:53 AM

314 posts, read 492,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kort677 View Post
did that nice cop tell you anything different than we told you?
sorry you didn't like the message we gave you but we were dead on target, and capt minnesota confirmed it. If we didn't hit you so hard with our warning would you have even called that guy up? No, probably not!
we put the fear of god into you and it save you a lot of grief in the process

this hissy fit you've thrown is absurd. next winter go cut a hole in the ice and jump in it
very few posts actually make me laugh out loud. congratulations, kort677....i couldn't agree more. *reputation*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City