Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 08:11 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowGoesIt View Post
Probably because they have lived in NY at some point of their lives. You know people don't live in one place their entire life. Why do you care so much?
thats not the reason at all. their on this board because the op posted the same nonsense on the Florida threads.

and ohiogirl22 cares because she notices the arrogance of some Floridians coming to the nyc thread, and you being one of them.

Florida is a great state but the people like you living in the state clearly live in some powerful forced bubble.

just because its hot all year around doesn't make Florida the greatest place on earth like you claim it to be.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:18 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,615,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
Have you looked at the horrible economy down in Florida??
That's funny having a 20 year old college student lecture people about the economy. You know nothing about economic matters. Yes, there are a lot of people out of work, in fact I was one of them (technically still am) but I got a job... in Florida of all places. I was there last week, and while housing is in the toilet, the world goes on.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:38 AM

415 posts, read 1,665,604 times
Quote:
thats not the reason at all. their on this board because the op posted the same nonsense on the Florida threads.

and ohiogirl22 cares because she notices the arrogance of some Floridians coming to the nyc thread, and you being one of them.

Florida is a great state but the people like you living in the state clearly live in some powerful forced bubble.

just because its hot all year around doesn't make Florida the greatest place on earth like you claim it to be.
You sir, are a complete moron.

FWIW, I never said Florida is the greatest place on earth. Get your head out of your rear.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
That's funny having a 20 year old college student lecture people about the economy. You know nothing about economic matters. Yes, there are a lot of people out of work, in fact I was one of them (technically still am) but I got a job... in Florida of all places. I was there last week, and while housing is in the toilet, the world goes on.
lol please stop it. i have been taking economics since iw as in high school. Im sorry mr 50 year old that you did not have the chance to when you were younger. For a 20 year old i know a good number of things, and also i wasnt lecturing i was using facts.

i make moves man and i make quicker moves then you and im 20. Cant wait to see how much money ill be stacking when im 30.

If you want ill give you a pre order to the Miami heats game in 2021.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
You sir, are a complete moron.

FWIW, I never said Florida is the greatest place on earth. Get your head out of your rear.

im not a moron. I move around but i love nyc to the death. I love Florida to but your post about 250k a year and new yorkers being miserable shows how much of a moron you are.

i live here and love it. the diversity, the food. THE HUGE BILLSSSSSSSSSS , the transportation , the women , and off coarse the fashion and the thrill of nyc.

i love florida to but i like both because of their hot women.

hot women , education and big bills are my key in life.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:11 AM

10 posts, read 14,346 times
Quote:
im not a moron. I move around but i love nyc to the death. I love florida to but your post about 250k a year and new yorkers being miserable shows how much of a moron you are.

I live here and love it. The diversity, the food. The huge billssssssssss :d , the transportation , the women , and off coarse the fashion and the thrill of nyc.

I love florida to but i like both because of their hot women.

Hot women , education and big bills are my key in life. :d

oh boy you are a complete idiot! Please stay in nyc, you belong there! And my guess is you live in the hood somewhere?

Old 02-04-2011, 09:46 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,469 times
Lightbulb Y'Know What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkles5276 View Post
oh boy you are a complete idiot! Please stay in nyc, you belong there! And my guess is you live in the hood somewhere?
I don't have a dog in this fight, technically, because I don't live in either Florida Or NYC...but I am coming to this young man's defense...

This, everything else aside, is first and foremost an OPINION forum...or should I say, a relocation forum where folks come to express their opinions...which means that EVERYONE here, yourself, the young man whose post you went snarky on, and I, are all entitled to our opinions...

I don't know where you reside, but, as I stated in a post elsewhere, the Sheriff's Department in your neck of the woods must be running short of badges, what with all the self-appointed 'sheriffs' popping up everyday...

It's okay to disagree with someone---hell, I do it all the time...but there's a WAY to disagree with someone, without either calling the person an idiot, telling them to "stay in NYC because he belongs there", or the one that made say 'WTF?'---"and my guess is you live in the hood somewhere?"

Whether the young man lives in the hood (and if he does, so what, who in Sam Hill are you to pass judgement on someone based on their environment?), or in a swanky place on the Upper West Side of NYC, doesn't matter...bottom line is, no matter who or what he is, or where he lives, he has a right to express his opinion, same as you have the right to offer yours in return...

But all this name-calling, and acting high-handed by saying someone lives in the hood, is BS and basically uncalled for

Old 02-04-2011, 09:47 AM

961 posts, read 2,463,738 times
Quote:
Probably because they have lived in NY at some point of their lives. You know people don't live in one place their entire life. Why do you care so much?
That is your response to someone who is clearly from Ohio now living in NY?

Anyhow people lets calm down, not everywhere is for everyone. After 10 years of Florida it wasn't for me I have no regrets moving back up to NY, its unique. And Florida may be a bit generic and may not offer much else aside from beaches and theme parks, but some people like a slower paced simple life without the complexity of NY. To the OP, you'd expect this backlash from us when you post the way you did on our thread, bashing our city. Good luck in FL, I know many people who would gladly trade places. Peace

Old 02-04-2011, 10:17 AM

10 posts, read 14,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I don't have a dog in this fight, technically, because I don't live in either Florida Or NYC...but I am coming to this young man's defense...

This, everything else aside, is first and foremost an OPINION forum...or should I say, a relocation forum where folks come to express their opinions...which means that EVERYONE here, yourself, the young man whose post you went snarky on, and I, are all entitled to our opinions...

I don't know where you reside, but, as I stated in a post elsewhere, the Sheriff's Department in your neck of the woods must be running short of badges, what with all the self-appointed 'sheriffs' popping up everyday...

It's okay to disagree with someone---hell, I do it all the time...but there's a WAY to disagree with someone, without either calling the person an idiot, telling them to "stay in NYC because he belongs there", or the one that made say 'WTF?'---"and my guess is you live in the hood somewhere?"

Whether the young man lives in the hood (and if he does, so what, who in Sam Hill are you to pass judgement on someone based on their environment?), or in a swanky place on the Upper West Side of NYC, doesn't matter...bottom line is, no matter who or what he is, or where he lives, he has a right to express his opinion, same as you have the right to offer yours in return...

But all this name-calling, and acting high-handed by saying someone lives in the hood, is BS and basically uncalled for

His "opinions" are to basically tell other people that their opinions are crap and to pose a stupid argument and inform us how intelligent he is when his posts indicate quite the opposite.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:52 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Hell, that's enough. We're out. Attn Florida: Hide your wives and daughters, here we come!
Wait 'til you find out that Florida isn't the paradise you seem to be implying it is. We'll have to take a vote on whether or not you'll be allowed back inside the borders of New York.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City