Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 12:12 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,653,832 times

Advertisements

There are a lot more talks about bad neighborhoods than good ones on this board. Places like Bed-Stuy, Brownsville, ENY, Harlem, South Bronx are mentioned very so often. Do you think the popularity of Washington Heights is 10x over Carnegie Hill? Does any one know where Turtle Bay or Sutton Place is?

I don't mean to crash the party of ghetto talk. Apologize in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 12:21 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times
"Bad" neighborhoods are more interesting to talk about because of the speculation and opinions about changes that are/are not occuring, what may become of the neighborhoods, what new populations may move-in, etc. Who wants to talk about the stale UES (for example)? What is happening there? It was wealthy before, it is wealthy now, and will be wealthy tomorrow...that's not very interesting and nothing is really changing there..and that's the way they like it.

I would think someone with a brain, on a discussion board, would be able to comprehend this. Maybe I was wrong. I can tolerate the "ghetto" talk, but there is no place for the brainless here.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:30 PM

316 posts, read 989,742 times
These "bad" neighborhoods are where one can might find an affordable apartment. If you actually read those threads you would've understood rather than troll, m'kay?

Old 02-11-2011, 12:44 PM

1,654 posts, read 5,855,640 times
Because hip hop fans (such as myself) hear about these bad neighborhoods bragged about and glorified in said songs, so we flock to city-data.com for further insight and information regarding these famous and notorious hoods.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:29 PM

1,409 posts, read 5,250,356 times
People who live on Carnegie Hill aren't on this forum. And you couldn't pay me to live in Turtle Bay. Sutton Place, maybe, but only because of access to the renovated waterfront.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:34 PM

Since UpsonDowns will not accept payment to live in Turtle Bay, I gladly will.. Please make the checks out (in minimum $5,000 increments per week) to "SOBROGUY." Thanks.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:07 PM

518 posts, read 1,580,203 times
Yeah, I'm w/ SoBro (and THATS sayin' somethin') I'd live in Turtle Bay or any other rich area - as long as someone else was footin' the bill. I dont got scratch like that!

but seriously - I love the "bad" neighborhood talk - it lets people with real info dispel the myths that fly around about the Bronx and Brooklyn, and any other nabe that's been hyped as "bad".

Old 02-11-2011, 03:09 PM

Or hyped as "good" for that matter.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:29 PM

239 posts, read 306,101 times
I totally agree. The NYC forum is even more a warzone than actual ghetto cities like Detroit.

Maybe we should have Ghetto Thread (All ghetto material here!) sticky at the to make everything easier, so projects, worst neighborhoods, crime, worst street corners, so normal people can avoid navigating a forum flooded with such threads.

Old 02-11-2011, 04:04 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,077,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAC NY View Post
I totally agree. The NYC forum is even more a warzone than actual ghetto cities like Detroit.

Maybe we should have Ghetto Thread (All ghetto material here!) sticky at the to make everything easier, so projects, worst neighborhoods, crime, worst street corners, so normal people can avoid navigating a forum flooded with such threads.
Lol,the wording of your post indicates a degree of familiarity with these threads.Wouldn't it be just as easy to simply avoid reading them and read only the threads about things like surly steak house waiters,Jewish Gays and trying to rent on Staten Island?
I mean they tend to be accurately headlined.You don't have to click onto them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City