Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 12:08 AM

84 posts, read 398,150 times

Advertisements

I am rent cortrol i pay $34 a month!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 06:45 AM

67 posts, read 92,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAIRYDAD View Post
I am rent cortrol i pay $34 a month!
And do you think paying $34 a month is justifiable when your next door neighbor with the same size apt pays $1,200+?

Another prime example on how the Rent Control/Rent Stabilization system is broke.

Now I can understand why landlords sometimes do "unethical" or illegal things to make ends meet because of people like this cocky character bragging about paying $34 a month in rent and I bet he was the successor to the rent controlled apt from his family.

Ha...as if a rental apt. is part of the person's estate. Simply crazy!

Old 02-28-2011, 05:19 PM

9 posts, read 14,329 times
Hey Guys,

I'm certainly not a troll - but I see lots of backlash to my predicament labeling it as immoral.

I understand where you guys are coming from!

Please understand that I'm not here to help fix the broken system. I'm simply trying to make the best of my situation without breaking any laws.

If any of you can provide some helpful insight into my predicament it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:28 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,071,056 times
Move into the apartment and hope that your old man hangs in there for at least 2 years before he croaks so you have an ironclad tenancy claim.Then you can take over whatever legal rights there may be.Landlords frequently use cameras,detectives,DMV records and other methods to disprove tenancy claims so you have to really move in and switch all your bills to the address.

As long as he is alive and he is the sole tenant the landlord is under no obligation to deal with you.

If you don't want to wait for him to die ,after 2 years you could perhaps have your father declared incompetent and take over management of his affairs,get him out of the way by having him institutionalized and then begin negotiating with the landlord.Or you could get him completely out of the picture some other way if he refuses to go on his own.Make it look like an accident though...and preferably inside the building.Maybe break off a piece of a stair and then shove him down the staircase.Or pry open the elevator and push him down the shaft.Then you could sue the landlord and maybe get your apartment for almost nothing.
Mission accomplished.

Last edited by bluedog2; 02-28-2011 at 06:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City