Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 09:14 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairspray View Post
It's the Black hip hop ghetto urban culture and lifestyle that contributes to these black on black crimes. Generally speaking, every uneducated black person especially the young bucks all wanna be the tough guy, the hustle, the one not to be messed it, trying to keep it "real"....real dumb that is. Educated blacks who don't associate with other urban black people don't resort to that kind of mentality and behavior. The culture is a cancer to their development. Remove the urban ghetto culture and black people should be better off.
Then what, you think they be better off if they go back down south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 10:00 PM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Then what, you think they be better off if they go back down south.
There is "ghetto culture" in the South. There is a reason for "Dirty South" rap music. Alot of it comes out of Atlanta.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:13 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
Except for the part where this stuff existed BEFORE hip-hop came around.
That may be true but it's no doubt that has added fuel to the fire.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:22 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,857,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
What did forced integration and other things have to do with the murder rate?
It's not about the murder rate as much as it is about an entire cultural pathology that has set in amongst the Black underclass in America with those things I mentioned being contributing factors to that pathology.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
It's not about the murder rate as much as it is about an entire cultural pathology that has set in amongst the Black underclass in America with those things I mentioned being contributing factors to that pathology.
But this is what I notice. The more those who don't have that pathology try to separate themselves from those that do, it is the persons who do have that pathology that get noticed the most, who are considered the most common. And where did this pathology come from? That is something else to consider.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:39 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Surge in black murder victims key to New York City 2010 homicide spike; number of white victims down

Click on above, daily news posted a data key about the murders in 2010 in NYC. Its startling. Most of the murders were on disputes and revenge and 60% of the murders were commited with a gun. Williamsbridge section of the BRonx had 24 murders and the 75 precenct in BRooklyn was the most deadlist area in the City. Both areas surronding the 47 and 75 precencts are mostly black niegborhoods. Brooklyn had 42% of the cities murder and the Bronx has 24% and I was surprised with Queens which had 19% of murders. That was crazy what happened with those guys who robbed that lady for a phone and then killed her! Lots of problems in the black community with guns. I see why Al sharpton teamed up with Ray Kelly to get guns out of black peoples hand in Harlem and give them money in exchange. It was said that black people in NYC are the ones with the illegal guns. They do have southern family ties, but RIcans, Jews, Italians have ties down south too!

Old 03-21-2011, 07:19 AM

Something I found. You might want to look at this in depth:MURDER IN AMERICA: A HISTORY (http://www.calgunlaws.com/index.php/che-talk/751.html - broken link)

Old 03-21-2011, 08:45 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Something I found. You might want to look at this in depth:MURDER IN AMERICA: A HISTORY (http://www.calgunlaws.com/index.php/che-talk/751.html - broken link)
Now why would you go and put something like this in the thread? They don't want to see anything like this. It's just to easy to make blacks look like "the bad guy".

You know these white folks on CD don't do "no wrong".

Thanks for the link. I hope these clowns read it.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Now why would you go and put something like this in the thread? They don't want to see anything like this. It's just to easy to make blacks look like "the bad guy".

You know these white folks on CD don't do "no wrong".

Thanks for the link. I hope these clowns read it.
I hope people read it too. This is part of how to get to the root of the problem and have solutions to get the murder rate DOWN.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:00 AM

8 posts, read 6,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
Except for the part where this stuff existed BEFORE hip-hop came around.
Nope, you're wrong. Black on black crime started to become an epidemic right around when hip hop first started. As the hip hop culture envolved from party music to more in your face street music, the problem got worst. Many "street" hip hop music trendsetters made it look glamorous and gave a boost to a black man's ego. Now all hip hop influenced black are on that same egotistical high. Prior to hip hop, there was no music black people can claim for their own. A trend and a culture was created from that.

Hip hop can be used for good or bad. Unfortuantely the street hip hop seems to hold more weight on impressionable kids who eventually turn into adults and parents, passing on the same cancerous culture to their off-springs.

Haven't you notice that every urban hip hop influenced black person have pretty much the same mentality, speak the same language "ebonics", act pretty much the same and have very similar swaggers? From NY to LA, to down south, it's all the same crap. Even hispanics and white people that grew up around that environment act and carry themselves in the same manner. So its really beyond race. Why is that? Its the hip hop culture. The culture is the culprit and a cancer to black people. Say what you will but those are the facts. It takes a good head on your shoulders to be around that environment and not get sucked in by that culture.

IMO...I ultimately blame the parents for allowing their kids to get consumed by that culture. If the culture has more of a SAY than you, the parent, then something is wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City