Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 08:03 PM

468 posts, read 1,338,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Sorry, you don't fool me.

You have already mentioned how people respect you for not taking the hipster transplant train north to NYC, which indicates that you really care about what people think of you, specifically your decision NOT to live in NYC. It seems you are living in NYC's shadow.
So I really care what people think of me by choosing to remain in DC?
I am living in NYC's shadow by choosing to stay where I was born and raised?
NYC is only a 2 hr 36 min train ride from here.

I used to come and go from here to there and back all the time.

I can get on a train right now at 10 pm and arrive in Manhattan 30-45 minutes after midnight.

You think I am jealous of transplant attention seeking beardos who have been living in NYC since wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in 2006?

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-15-2011, 08:14 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,093,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WASHINGTON BULLET View Post
So I really care what people think of me by choosing to remain in DC?
I am living in NYC's shadow by choosing to stay where I was born and raised?
NYC is only a 2 hr 36 min train ride from here.

I used to come and go from here to there and back all the time.

I can get on a train right now at 10 pm and arrive in Manhattan 30-45 minutes after midnight.

You think I am jealous of transplant attention seeking beardos who have been living in NYC since wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in 2006?

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I get what your saying. Most of the opposition here are transplants/hipsters themselves. So a chord was struct with them. Real new yorkers understand that these new transplants/hipsters are straight corny. period

Just look at brooklyn

Old 03-15-2011, 08:19 PM

468 posts, read 1,338,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Take a peek at the OP's posting history.There is some kind of a sick obsession with this anti urban,anti hipster,anti everything that has happened in any city in the last 10 or 20 years theme. It's all real bitter.

Has to come from some kind of resentment and resentment usually comes from envy.

Me?

Envious of attention seeking wanna-be urban beardos paying inflated rents in the disneyfied era of nyc?

Whateva Man!

Old 03-15-2011, 08:34 PM

541 posts, read 1,902,875 times
Default Another "Winning" post by Washington Bullet

In reference to the "hipsters" walking around New York in the middle of the day.....what about all of the other non-hipster non-transplants walking around in the middle of the day? What say you to that? Are they all trust fund babies?

I think what you are failing to consider is that not everyone works a standard "9-5" M-F job. Pretty sure New York is the "city that never sleeps". Obviously a lot of people are working at random times throughout the day/week.

Also not all transplants are hipsters. What about those who moved here for job opportunities in the corporate world? Actually scratch that I already know your next comment is going to be "yuppy".

Speaking of yuppy that term dates back to the 80's which was used to describe the wave of young urban professionals of which NYC was hit hard. This wave had a high percentage of transplants from all over.

Obviously "trendy seeking transplants" to nyc isn't something exclusive to the past 10-20 years. Actually you can trace this whole "trendy seeking transplants" as far back as the "Roaring" 20's. The beatnecks in the 40's and 50's, the hippies in the 60's.

This whole topic is just silly and ridiculous. I guess some people need something to complain about and make themselves feel better about their pathetic lives.

Old 03-15-2011, 08:40 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,677,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MStant1 View Post
In reference to the "hipsters" walking around New York in the middle of the day.....what about all of the other non-hipster non-transplants walking around in the middle of the day? What say you to that? Are they all trust fund babies?

I think what you are failing to consider is that not everyone works a standard "9-5" M-F job. Pretty sure New York is the "city that never sleeps". Obviously a lot of people are working at random times throughout the day/week.

Also not all transplants are hipsters. What about those who moved here for job opportunities in the corporate world? Actually scratch that I already know your next comment is going to be "yuppy".

Speaking of yuppy that term dates back to the 80's which was used to describe the wave of young urban professionals of which NYC was hit hard. This wave had a high percentage of transplants from all over.

Obviously "trendy seeking transplants" to nyc isn't something exclusive to the past 10-20 years. Actually you can trace this whole "trendy seeking transplants" as far back as the "Roaring" 20's. The beatnecks in the 40's and 50's, the hippies in the 60's.

This whole topic is just silly and ridiculous. I guess some people need something to complain about and make themselves feel better about their pathetic lives.
Reps!

Old 03-15-2011, 10:25 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,451,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Take a peek at the OP's posting history.There is some kind of a sick obsession with this anti urban,anti hipster,anti everything that has happened in any city in the last 10 or 20 years theme. It's all real bitter.

Has to come from some kind of resentment and resentment usually comes from envy.
I also think it comes from depression. He probably doesn't have any friends OR hipsters treated him badly before (maybe). That's why he hates them. Whatever his case may be it's stupid.

Do something productive with your time/life. As long as transplants/hipsters/whoever adds to the city and respect everything it has to offer, I'm cool with it. Why? Because it's not my place to tell someone how to act or what to do in public.

This is a "free" country, stop hating people because they're having the time of their lives (or moment). You can continue to watch them from afar, looking extremely bitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City