Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 10:20 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,343,139 times

Advertisements

Just for the record, we are not even close to reaching our former peak populations, so we are still depopulated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 10:48 AM

5,447 posts, read 5,678,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrnicolas84 View Post
I think NYC would be great with 5 million people. This city is becoming too crowded.
Move to Kansas City then.

For me, the city is not crowded enough!

Old 04-01-2011, 12:14 PM

18,408 posts, read 31,532,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
Move to Kansas City then.

For me, the city is not crowded enough!

ugh !

How old are you, 23?

Old 04-01-2011, 12:27 PM

369 posts, read 617,226 times
I won't feel upset if Bloomberg joins the people in the census who left my city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Instead of 8.4 million happy New Yorkers now its a disgruntiled 8.1 million New Yorkers. I guess its an epic fail for Bloomberg and for the entire city that we live in. WHen you have white Hipster Transplants who are anti Govt and illegal immigrants who fear the government, your going to get a huge problem on your hands because these people dont want to be documented for what ever purposes.

New York's Hipsters Too Cool For The Census : NPR

Mayor Bloomberg: NYC Got Jacked In 2010 Census | New York Daily News)

New York City Census Results Are In, Mayor Already Quibbling -- Daily Intel

My thing is this that Bloomberg and his croonies along with his cult followers need to understand that hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers left the city aswell so I guess the population stagnates to some degree. Not much loss and not much gain. I know many people who left New York City for greener pastures and for some it was the best move they ever made. People are also born and people also die in this city. Blacks are going back down south after years of being concentrated in housing prjs, Puerto Ricans are going to PA, NJ and FL. The white flight in NYC is still not over the Irish and Italians are still leaving. Many of the cities Jews are getting old and dying of age. Then you have immigrants both legal and illegal, and migrants such as Transplants from across America moving into NYC. People also switch boroughs like how many Washington Heights residents are moving to the BRonx. I dont blame federal workers for screwing up the New York City Census, there just serving thier community and our country, most of my blame goes to Bloomberg and the people he caters too like illegal immigrants and gentrifying transplants from middle America. At the end of the day these people dont wanna get counted, oh well. Bloomberg should not be upset he help create this mess by pricing out many people in this city. Not only that but that planyc2030 when nyc is projected to hit 9 million probably wont happen by then either. I guess areas of Brooklyn and QUeens wont get much federal aid money. What you guys think about Bloombergs demise on the cities census?

Old 04-01-2011, 12:35 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,343,139 times
You might be singing a different tune if Bloomberg and his ilk decide to take your advice and leave...and taking with them the 50% of all taxes the upper 1% pay. But hey who needs reality...let's just hate Bloomberg and the rich..we will do just fine, or even better, without them, right? Who needs that other 50% of tax revenue..not me!

And for the record, the epic fail would be the public housing that has become the source of crime in NYC and which is the dumping ground for poor blacks and hispanics, not the few "white"hipster transplants which so many people enjoy complaining about.

Last edited by SobroGuy; 04-01-2011 at 01:27 PM..

Old 04-01-2011, 12:50 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,986,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Just for the record, we are not even close to reaching our former peak populations, so we are still depopulated.
True indeed. One time manhattan had a population of 2million.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:21 PM

40,049 posts, read 34,533,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltHowe View Post
I won't feel upset if Bloomberg joins the people in the census who left my city.
Neither will I. And if we stop to think about it, he isn't a New Yorker anyway; he's from suburban Boston. This is what we get for electing a carpetbagger!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City