Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 08:05 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. --Right this way, your tree is waiting.

Beginning, next month, Staten Islanders can claim free trees being distributed by MillionTreesNYC -- which plans to have achieved that magic number by 2017.

Trees free for the asking for Staten Islanders through MillionTreesNYC | SILive.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 08:05 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
oh please, our building and my next door neighbor got free trees, we didnt ask for them, we didnt want than, the city just took it upon themselves to bust up my sidewalk and plant them. Now we have to take care of them which have been nothing but a headache so far. litter all the time in the tree pits, butts fall into it, dogs poop in it.....How many times can we clean it. Our building looked so much better withthe concrete, nice and clean.....
I hope our trees all die......hummmmmmmmmmmm????? now that is something to think of......tree poison

Old 04-01-2011, 12:51 PM

Location: Port Richmond, Staten Island, New York City, New York, 10302
317 posts, read 960,624 times
Ugh, I hate those trees. They planted them all over my area and I complained about it in detail for several weeks. -__-

Old 04-01-2011, 12:55 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
I called 311 nine time, and nothing. I want the trees out and the ground cemented. It is impossible to keep the tree pits looking nice when you live in a dense urban are like mine. the cement was cleaner, and less work for everyone.

This tree thing should have been if you want one, you can get one....not someone else deceiding for me, thats what my real problem is.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:01 PM

Location: Port Richmond, Staten Island, New York City, New York, 10302
317 posts, read 960,624 times
I feel that. They're all full of garbage and chip wrappers and whatnot. Not to mention pieces of broken concrete. And let's not even get started on how ridiculous they look. I'm not too fond of trees to begin with but when I heard they were planting some I thought they were planting REAL trees, not 1,000 clones of Charlie Brown's Christmas tree. Smh. These are supposed to beautify blocks? They're all wilting and decrepit. They make blocks look more depressing, if anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: