Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 08:47 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,836,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
I posted a few threads in the past about small apartments.
All jokes aside, how can you even have sex in that bed?
I don't even think two people can fit on top of each other comfortably without somebody's head hitting the ceiling in the moment of passion.

Like this!
Saucy Spoons Sex Position - Cosmopolitan

Old 04-08-2011, 09:14 AM

3,225 posts, read 8,574,548 times
Quote:
I don't even think two people can fit on top of each other comfortably without somebody's head hitting the ceiling in the moment of passion.
To live like that, one must fit the following profile: 1. Have no sex life or 2. Have a boring sex life which involves no body movements or experimentation with different positions. 3. Consider living in NYC at all costs to be the most passionate goal in life.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:56 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,443,621 times
Quote:
Put in a Smaller mattress without the box springs or a super thick futon mattress and you could make do if your partner was of a small statue build or go and rent a hotel room if you want to have a normal sex life like Charile on Two and Half men

Old 04-08-2011, 02:32 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
They are probably just getting us ready.... in a few more decades we'll all probably be living in these places.Whole families living in tiny rooms cooking on hot plates, just like 100 years ago.
And what will we preparing for dinner? (You thought the movie 'Soylent Green' was science fiction...)

Old 04-08-2011, 06:03 PM

357 posts, read 727,729 times
Can you say "brainwashed"?

Old 04-09-2011, 01:12 AM
s06

105 posts, read 256,475 times
Personally, I'd rather have her place than a larger, basement studio that looks like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9VpA-U6dn4

This place looks too depressing to me. It reminded me of a prison cell, bunker, and of the room in the first Saw movie, where the two characters were being held captive.

Old 04-09-2011, 04:08 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,443,621 times
First off how do you turn on the shower and second point is how much for a small place like that and my third question would be in the winter time how cold does the place get ..

Old 04-09-2011, 06:07 AM

233 posts, read 720,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
First off how do you turn on the shower and second point is how much for a small place like that and my third question would be in the winter time how cold does the place get ..
My question is if the place in the video is even legal for human habitation.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:54 AM

425 posts, read 995,933 times
I saw the video of the woman in the 90sf "apartment", and all I could think about was how cluttered the place was; I could see living in that small of a place if my finances dictated it, but I would have totally re-arranged it differently.

- For starters, I would get rid of all those bulky storage shelves and that huge computer - she has a studio for writing, so she should do her work there.

- use the sleeping loft place for storage - she has a bunch of storage boxes (what are in them?) - put them in the loft.

- have a murphy bed, which would get pulled down at night, or use a daybed for sleeping and sitting.

Without all the clutter in there, she could easily have a pretty basic, uncluttered living area during the day, and a more comfortable place to sleep at night, without risking banging her head when she sits up...

Old 04-10-2011, 09:04 AM

263 posts, read 1,005,417 times
Quote:
Where there's a will there's a way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City