Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 09:54 AM

98 posts, read 391,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzINeedNYCHA View Post
i think i fall under W2 priority. im pregnant and hoping i can get into ingersoll houses and dont want to wait a whole life time to get in. Im not on welfare and dont plan on getting on the system, but i do need affordable housing. How long ago did you send your application in and did you mail it back or took it to a center. Sorry for the questions but i really would like to get into NYCHA cause it would help me out alot
I am on the waiting list for ingersoll I choose them back in jan I am still waiting to be called in for a interview for a apt. With all the empty apt I thought i would have moved in already. Why do u want this development? I dont know much about it but ive walked around to get a idea of the area so I wont be lost when they do call me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 10:47 AM

226 posts, read 1,097,623 times
Well I used to live in those projects and know them very well.they have cleaned them up regarding crime however it still exist but not as bad as it was when I grew up there. They are doing renovations that's why its taking so long to get in the apt,however when done it is gonna look very nice. Also downtown bk is coming up and it will be a very expensive area even with projects.ingersol is now surrounded by about 5 condos and right by all transportation BQE and the bridges. Its a nice area to me plus I grew up there I know it all too wee however I don't know the people there cause we I didn't mingle with them, I was focused on school and when I got grown on work. How long did it take you to get a response from NYCHA regarding getting on. Ingersol waiting list? Like how long from when u submitted your application to NYCHA did you start hearing responses back? Thank you

Old 04-22-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzINeedNYCHA View Post
Well I used to live in those projects and know them very well.they have cleaned them up regarding crime however it still exist but not as bad as it was when I grew up there. They are doing renovations that's why its taking so long to get in the apt,however when done it is gonna look very nice. Also downtown bk is coming up and it will be a very expensive area even with projects.ingersol is now surrounded by about 5 condos and right by all transportation BQE and the bridges. Its a nice area to me plus I grew up there I know it all too wee however I don't know the people there cause we I didn't mingle with them, I was focused on school and when I got grown on work. How long did it take you to get a response from NYCHA regarding getting on. Ingersol waiting list? Like how long from when u submitted your application to NYCHA did you start hearing responses back? Thank you

I put my application in march 2010 i was called in july for the interview dec receive the apt list... thanks for the info the area is very diverse and trains is a plus..have u seen any of the newly fixed apt. How long did u live in ingersol? I hope to move in soon I feel like I have waiting forever

Old 04-22-2011, 08:06 AM

What's the interview process like? I lived there for about 20 years, grew up there and often revisit often. No I haven't see any of the new apt yet however they are gonna really hook them up cause if u go there not u can see the start process and for some apt that are small they will be turning them into. One big apt.I know people in there still and they are preparing to get the apt done. FG is gonna look really nice. Again its gonna be a wait cause there working on them just be patient cause aslong as the development has your info your ok and you should continue to wait even if for a year. Those projects aren't bad and worth the wait Good lick and hopefully I can get into these projects too. Ill wait 2-3 years just to secure me an apt

Old 04-22-2011, 08:22 AM

Yes I heard the apt were small...I did see men fixing up apt when i went by to check my status.. does your family still live there..I hope your process is fast and ingersol is on your list good luck

Old 04-22-2011, 09:47 AM

yea i have friends who still live there but the apt are small but they have huge bedrooms. i hope I can get on their waiting list or get on Whitman list either one is great. good area for everything transportation wise and again those projects aren't that bad anymore compared to when I was growing up there. do u mind explaining how the interview process goes

Old 04-22-2011, 10:20 AM

Well @ interview they ask u who will b living with u...show proff of were u live currently, paystubs,birth certif,ss card, and that's basically it..from there they determaine if u are qualified with a letter from there they send u the project list. Hope this helps...I huge bedroom is great I was hoping for that as I only received a one bedroom for me daughter and myself

Old 04-25-2011, 06:02 PM

I'm hoping the process is fast so I can get on ingersoll's or whitmans waiting list. After that I don't mind the waiting! Please if you can and remember to keep me posted as to when they offer you an apt. I'm relying on the posters experience to give me hope with mines lol. NYCHA is not a easy process to get into!

Old 04-26-2011, 01:48 PM

2 posts, read 11,463 times
well ive been on ingersole waiting list since dec 25 2010 its april 25 2011 living in the shelter and yet no call i am worried because as u know dhs cut on the advantage voucher so iam in the limbo hoping to be called for the interview soon before june 30th which my case worker is telling me ismy last day so i hope someone from the nycha is reading this<<i need ingesole to please start sending out those interview letter>>bu the way i call ingersole management houses evrysingle day to find out the statues

Old 04-27-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyrilis View Post
well ive been on ingersole waiting list since dec 25 2010 its april 25 2011 living in the shelter and yet no call i am worried because as u know dhs cut on the advantage voucher so iam in the limbo hoping to be called for the interview soon before june 30th which my case worker is telling me ismy last day so i hope someone from the nycha is reading this<<i need ingesole to please start sending out those interview letter>>bu the way i call ingersole management houses evrysingle day to find out the statues

Why do u only have to june 30th? I thought u were able to stay until they find u a place or u get a job and can afford to pay rent. I have called ingersol and housing every week as well and havent recieved anything either. How many bedrooms are u waiting on? I really hope things move fast for u. I did see that they have people working on apts when i went pass on monday. My daughter school and doctor office is two blocks away so moving there would make life much easier for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City