Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2013, 04:10 PM

205 posts, read 977,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxmerci View Post
@citygrl13, you can go on the website and complain, i did this prior to being certified and i just got a letter with an actual response from an actual person who looked through my info and since i had gotten certified days after the complaint, the person just let me know that i am certified and the wait begins now lol. you go on nycha website then go to contact us through email, and put in your complaint. that is all.
Thank you so much. I did not know this. I will try this out and keep you posted.
Thanks!
Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 12:19 PM

2 posts, read 4,236 times
I have applied two times in the pass year. The first time I was working. Know I'm no longer working do to some health issues we are also homeless. But yet a person with a criminal record and drug use NYCHA calls then FAST

Old 08-29-2013, 01:42 PM

163 posts, read 484,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homelessin NY View Post
I have applied two times in the pass year. The first time I was working. Know I'm no longer working do to some health issues we are also homeless. But yet a person with a criminal record and drug use NYCHA calls then FAST
a background check is done, I don't think a person with a criminal record and drug use would be called.. I know is frustrating to wait but they will send you an interview.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:39 PM

8 posts, read 31,386 times
Hello everyone , I've been reading these nycha threads for a while now . They really help me keep a positive out look on my waiting time . To sum up my situation, I put in nycha application in october of 2009 . I was called for an interview about three years later through nycha N.I.C.E program in April of 2012 . They made me select an development out of like 5 choices . I picked Soundview housing ( which cleaned up very nice over the years , did my homework:-) ) anyway july of 2012 they mailed me a letter saying I my application was approved and now is with the housing devlopment. Since then I've been calling like every other week since then to see if my status changed. Lucky me , I was reading some threads on the self service online system and registered . And on my application it said you were selected for an apartment contact your development :-). So I havwe to call him oorrow ( just my luck he didn't come in today) and see what he have to say! Fingets crossed my prayers working overtime I hope its good news tomorrow and this self service thing is accurate :-) anyways how everyone else process going . All good I hope :-)

Old 10-29-2013, 04:58 AM

4 posts, read 13,872 times
I am thinking about applying for housing through NYCHA, and was wondering if anyone can tell me if they would consider going to school in NYC as work priority eligibility or not. If I have to, I could live in a dorm while I wait, but I am on Social Security(SSI and SSDI), but I would really like to have my own space as soon as possible. I know my need priority would be N8, and if I would have a working family priority it would be W3. If anyone knows anything about this aspect of the application process, please, let me know.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:00 PM

226 posts, read 1,097,623 times
Well finally a update....i was selected for nycha. I found out through the nycha self service website. I called and they said they are conducting a background check and when its done they will contact me...im still gonna leave nyc in a few years. But ill update once i see the apt.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:04 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzINeedNYCHA View Post
Well finally a update....i was selected for nycha. I found out through the nycha self service website. I called and they said they are conducting a background check and when its done they will contact me...im still gonna leave nyc in a few years. But ill update once i see the apt.
Good use it for what it's for, for a few years so you can get ahead and get everything started so when you move elsewhere you will be all set up and in better circumstances.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:07 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homelessin NY View Post
I could have sworn the city past an edict years ago that no criminals were allowed to live on the premises?

Old 12-18-2013, 05:30 PM

31,892 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I could have sworn the city past an edict years ago that no criminals were allowed to live on the premises?
NYCHA recently reversed *partially* that policy. There are posts here and elsewhere on the Internet regarding this change. Apparently the Bloomberg administration or whomever feels allowing *some* types of persons with criminal convictions back into public housing is a better alternative to them being homeless. Which they usually would be since private landlords usually will not rent to those with criminal convictions if they find out.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:27 PM

8 posts, read 24,579 times
After you got certified did they ever offer you an apartment? If they did how long did it take?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City