Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 09:59 PM

3,672 posts, read 3,398,696 times

Advertisements

Not a bad deal in DeBlasio's NY. Gotta keep those Murder rates low somehow

Bronx man charged with assault after man is found dead in Harlem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 10:09 PM

15,810 posts, read 6,635,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Not a bad deal in DeBlasio's NY. Gotta keep those Murder rates low somehow

Bronx man charged with assault after man is found dead in Harlem

The EastSide is riddled with some nasty NYCHA buildings all along the rivers edge......Sad..............but not unexpected.

Old 12-29-2018, 09:36 AM

33,389 posts, read 46,795,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
The EastSide is riddled with some nasty NYCHA buildings all along the rivers edge......Sad..............but not unexpected.
Check what was there before NYCHA

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-29-2018, 07:22 PM

31,598 posts, read 26,439,483 times
First, charges have been upgraded to manslaughter after ME's office ruled death was a homicide. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...228-story.html

Two, what LE charges someone with initially with can (and often is) either up or down graded by DA's office. Main thing is to get someone in custody and if needed keep them so until things are sorted.

Based upon information at the scene/time there may not have been enough evidence to arrest Reginald Cooper on charges of homicide or manslaughter.

Three, look up he definitions of "murder" and "manslaughter". Cooper was never going to be charged with the former as (going by media reports) there was no indication he intended to kill. Manslaughter OTOH merely involves causing a death.

This sort of thing happens all the time, and is one of the primary reasons hot heads end up catching a case and or doing time. https://sunnysidepost.com/irish-immi...atal-bar-fight

Old 12-30-2018, 11:01 PM

4 posts, read 2,121 times
DeBlasio is the worse mayor. Why does he keep getting voted in ? He hates NYC .

Old 12-31-2018, 12:36 AM

36,911 posts, read 38,826,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
First, charges have been upgraded to manslaughter after ME's office ruled death was a homicide. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...228-story.html

Two, what LE charges someone with initially with can (and often is) either up or down graded by DA's office. Main thing is to get someone in custody and if needed keep them so until things are sorted.

Based upon information at the scene/time there may not have been enough evidence to arrest Reginald Cooper on charges of homicide or manslaughter.

Three, look up he definitions of "murder" and "manslaughter". Cooper was never going to be charged with the former as (going by media reports) there was no indication he intended to kill. Manslaughter OTOH merely involves causing a death.

This sort of thing happens all the time, and is one of the primary reasons hot heads end up catching a case and or doing time. https://sunnysidepost.com/irish-immi...atal-bar-fight
I would've thought what you've posted is more or less common knowledge.

Werdywerd? Where are you from?

Old 01-06-2019, 04:57 PM

No, seriously, WerdyWerd where are you from? Are you from here and just kinda don’t know things as a general rule? Where are the dumb posts coming from? Is it transplants, natives, suburbanites, bots, what?

It’s so interesting!

Old 01-06-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
No, seriously, WerdyWerd where are you from? Are you from here and just kinda don’t know things as a general rule? Where are the dumb posts coming from? Is it transplants, natives, suburbanites, bots, what?

It’s so interesting!
Hi -
Interesting that you are so interested in me. I'm flattered. Let's see.

Born and Raised and still live in the Bronx. I am a full fledged, what you would call, a card carrying minority. Yet I don't use my minority status as an excuse. I worked hard to make it to where I am today and I like cotton candy (A lot)

Anything else?

Old 01-06-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdywerd View Post
Hi -
Interesting that you are so interested in me. I'm flattered. Let's see.

Born and Raised and still live in the Bronx. I am a full fledged, what you would call, a card carrying minority. Yet I don't use my minority status as an excuse. I worked hard to make it to where I am today and I like cotton candy (A lot)

Anything else?
I am! I am also a card carrying minority and came in from below the poverty line!

So how is it that as someone who was born and raised in the Bronx that some very basics about how the city operates has eluded you so completely? I know that NYC's public education system has only in recent years seen notable improvements across the board, but I also understand that in the past it had a pretty low baseline and was uneven across the board. Is that a strong contributor to how your posts shake out?

Old 01-06-2019, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I am! I am also a card carrying minority and came in from below the poverty line!

So how is it that as someone who was born and raised in the Bronx that some very basics about how the city operates has eluded you so completely? I know that NYC's public education system has only in recent years seen notable improvements across the board, but I also understand that in the past it had a pretty low baseline and was uneven across the board. Is that a strong contributor to how your posts shake out?
When I was young and dumb, I was an uber Liberal. Clinton(s) were the best. Voted for Obama Twice, thought illegals were unfairly picked on, the whole thing.

Then I gained life experience and grew up into my 40's

I now see life differently (and more clearly) and know more of the ins and out of how things work.

now I lean center right and more conservative on some issues (but not all)

I also know the NYPD ROUTINELY down grades crimes to meet a certain political agendas (Usually the upper brass do this, not the beat cops). It's a FACT based on personal life experience.

Not everyone shares the same life experiences so they stay liberals their whole life living in an alternate universe. And that's fine, I don't look down on my liberal friends. I live and let live. Do You.

Do I like Trump? No, he is an *******. Do I think he is effective and doing what I want him to do? Absolutely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: