Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 07:11 AM

174 posts, read 415,169 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone out there works for Macy's? I would like any information as to what they are like as employers? It can be any department from a sales associate to Management.
Also which Macys too would be very helpful.

Any feedback either negative or positive would be greatl.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 09:16 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,926 times
Working at Macy's Review

Old 04-19-2011, 11:49 AM

174 posts, read 415,169 times
Thanks StaggerLee22 very helpful!!

Old 04-20-2011, 06:23 PM

281 posts, read 1,237,828 times
Macy's was my first full time job w.benefits.I worked at the Corporate Buying Div,which in my time statrted at Herald Square and eventually wound up in 11 Penn Plaza. They always treated me fairly and I had no beef at all.I was like 20 and had some pretty heavy duty responsibilitiies.But the pay was the thing that kept me from committing to a career there.Good times there at R.H. Macys Corporate Buying -August 1984- early 87. I'm sure none of you are out here.
I don't know how the retail end of the store operates and it maynot be the same,although with all the changes in the world Corporate might not be quite as friendly as it was when the Finkelsteins controlled it.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:52 PM

5 posts, read 23,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctovt View Post
Macy's was my first full time job w.benefits.I worked at the Corporate Buying Div,which in my time statrted at Herald Square and eventually wound up in 11 Penn Plaza. They always treated me fairly and I had no beef at all.I was like 20 and had some pretty heavy duty responsibilitiies.But the pay was the thing that kept me from committing to a career there.Good times there at R.H. Macys Corporate Buying -August 1984- early 87. I'm sure none of you are out here.
I don't know how the retail end of the store operates and it maynot be the same,although with all the changes in the world Corporate might not be quite as friendly as it was when the Finkelsteins controlled it.

12-3-2012
MACY'S at Westfield Mall in Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
Macy’s squeezed its employees like a lemon until the lemon will go dry
Macy’s greed is very well known by its employees.
You are a robot not a human being]
Many years ago, and only for 4 days, Macy’s told employees to do paper work during working hours, but soon after that, Macy’s told employees not do it no more because it wasn’t productive neither profitable for Macy’s

MACY’S - NOT OVERTIME PAID SINCE 1983 FOR PAPER WORK DONE AT HOME. MACY’S OWES MY WIFE MANY THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN UNPAID OVERTIME
Complaints to Macy's office on unpaid overtime went nowhere and ignored for years

Macy’s used forced resignation instead of firing my wife to rip off her, to bypass the law and not to pay a dime to my wife, including not severance payment, not overtime paid in 25 years (3.3 hours daily) for work done at home for MACY’S on an hourly employee working 40 hours a week

MACY'S FORCED MY WIFE TO RESIGN BY UNDUE INFLUENCE ON 10-2008
Because of Macy's actions, my wife never got any unemployment or workers compensation

My wife never was laid off in 25 years, having a superb reputation at Macy's, but never promoted by Macy’s, doing many times, for months, the manager work, without getting the manager salary or any increased on my wife hourly paid
The resignation was fraudulent, obtained under intimidation, harassment, discrimination and pressure
The department manager used coercion on my wife to gain compliance
The manager purposely did on my wife intentional infliction of emotional distress[
The department manager was nagging my wife for 6 months, in order to forced my wife to sign papers to resign
The forced resignation was UNDUE INFLUENCEdone by the manager on my wife having disability

Old 12-03-2012, 12:55 PM

5 posts, read 23,873 times
Angry Macy's unpaid overtime for 25 years, forced to resign

12-3-2012
Many years ago, and only for 4 days, Macy’s told employees to do paper work during working hours, but soon after that, Macy’s told employees not do it no more because it wasn’t productive neither profitable for Macy’s

MACY’S - NOT OVERTIME PAID SINCE 1983 FOR PAPER WORK DONE AT HOME. MACY’S OWES MY WIFE MANY THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN UNPAID OVERTIME
Complaints to Macy's office on unpaid overtime went nowhere and ignored for years

Macy’s used forced resignation instead of firing my wife to rip off her, to bypass the law and not to pay a dime to my wife, including not severance payment, not overtime paid in 25 years (3.3 hours daily) for work done at home for MACY’S on an hourly employee working 40 hours a week

Because of Macy's actions, my wife never got any unemployment or workers compensation

My wife never was laid off in 25 years, having a superb reputation at Macy's, but never promoted by Macy’s, doing many times, for months, the manager work, without getting the manager salary or any increased on my wife hourly paid
The resignation was fraudulent, obtained under intimidation, harassment, discrimination and pressure
The manager purposely did on my wife intentional infliction of emotional distress[
The department manager was nagging my wife for 6 months, in order to forced my wife to sign papers to resign
The forced resignation was UNDUE INFLUENCEdone by the manager on my wife having disability

Old 12-03-2012, 01:17 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Macys will fire you or reduce your hours if you do not try to open up a certain amount of rewards cards per week. It doesn't matter how much you do in sales. You could make a million dollars for the store, but if you fail to get people to open up the Macys store card, they will reduce your hours to where you will quit and they do not have to pay unemployment.

Macys is only cool to work for the holidays.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:49 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtconway View Post
12-3-2012

I believe every word of this. I hope he's suing.

Again, Macys is cool if you're working the backroom or office. If it's sales associate work, then it's not worth it.

As a matter of fact, any retail establishment that forces you to push their store card on folks is not worth it and setting you up for failure.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:01 PM

387 posts, read 680,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtconway View Post
12-3-2012

I can see this being true to a certain extent. That your wife aloud herself to be abused for years & not lawyering up prior to her dismissal was very stupid on her part. This case, while it maybe true will be very hard to prove. hope you have solid proof of Macy's actions.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:21 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
I have an acquaintance who was let go after several decades of work and regular advancement as soon as he turned 50 to be replaced by someone younger and cheaper. He said it happened regularly.
He can no longer bear to even walk by the place.

He hates the store worse than poison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City