Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 03:52 PM

242 posts, read 924,612 times

Advertisements

I think parkchester is kinda crappy personally, especially if your movin here from the UES. I like the the area around the Buhre Station, like Crosby Ave.. Has decent shopping restaurants and bars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2007, 08:26 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,011,907 times
Default Hustla

thanks for the message you sent. The one you sent me was "why exactly is Soundview bad?" which was the threat that i started but the one i can't find was started by a teacher at Jas Monroe HS who inquired about the walk from the 6 train at Elder Ave to the school. I've searched the titles but i just can't seem to find it and I was just reading it yesterday AM at my job. I think the original poster started the thread maybe more than a month ago

In it I think it was you who told her to walk on Wheeler instead of Elder and that she would not get any extra "points" on the street for being a teacher.

The OP may also have been seeking alternate routes to the 6 and maybe even seeking an apartment in Morris Park and wanted to travel to the school by bus

why not try this one.
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-y...ute-bronx.html

The search function on this forum works pretty well - all I did was type in 'wheeler' to the search box and it popped up.

Yes that's it and thanks again. Not sure why I was browsing the threads from August yesterday!

I dropped off co-workers on 2 separate times over the past month in that area and i didn't realize the areas were that bad. From the car they don't seem so bad--obviously ghetto areas but i guess once you get out of the car and start walking around it hits you

soundview is ****
especiallly them side blocks like boynton, ward, wheeler, theriot
you can tell walking around there that you in the slums
and i didnt even think soundview was so bad until i went over there
not to mention i didnt go to like soundview or sackwern or l.i.p. or any **** like that this is just off the 6 train where i was at all them blocks off westchester
its the hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
Yes that's it and thanks again. Not sure why I was browsing the threads from August yesterday!

I dropped off co-workers on 2 separate times over the past month in that area and i didn't realize the areas were that bad. From the car they don't seem so bad--obviously ghetto areas but i guess once you get out of the car and start walking around it hits you
Doesn't look bad? That area looks like ****. Loiters everywhere. Iron bars covering every window reachable. Cages topped with razor wire over lobby/courtyard entrances. The homes (well they are all multiunit) and buildings are very run down. Graffiti and RIP murals to drug dealers all over. Then there are vast sections of the neighborhood that are made up of non stop rows of housing projects. Pretty nasty looking area.

Crime is never guerenteed, but frequent that area long enough or live there and the chances you will be a victim of a crime are very high. Many social problems in that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
soundview is ****
especiallly them side blocks like boynton, ward, wheeler, theriot
you can tell walking around there that you in the slums
and i didnt even think soundview was so bad until i went over there
not to mention i didnt go to like soundview or sackwern or l.i.p. or any **** like that this is just off the 6 train where i was at all them blocks off westchester
its the hood
Those blocks off Westchester make up one of the busiest drug locations in America. Watson Ave and all it's cross streets. Major illegal money is moved through there. A lot of street level activity. Even the cross streets. Not an appealing place to be any time of day.

The other major drug strip in Soundview is by the Soundview PJ's. Randall and Rosedale Aves.

Last edited by Keeper; 11-04-2007 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: started new thread/should have been part of this thread

Old 11-04-2007, 07:57 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,047,707 times
I apologize to all the posters in Henna's post, in moving the thread it also merged them..

Old 11-10-2007, 05:51 PM

1,526 posts, read 5,588,861 times
JUST Got outta the hosp yesterday so I missed y'all. Didn't look at the responses because I kinda know them by heart. So IM me if you still have questions, doubts, concerns, hallucinations, rapid heart beat, anxiety, or need your chart read.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:52 AM

2,978 posts, read 3,980,235 times
welcome back elvira!

Old 11-12-2007, 09:08 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,606,906 times
Elvira, sorry to hear that you were in the hospital. Hope you are feeling better.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:03 PM

59 posts, read 145,243 times
I just drove through the bronx today, heading for the zoo from waverly avenue ... i think? Anyway It looked a little run down
there was TAGS EVERYWHERE even near woodlawn cemetary there was tags on the wall and graffiti everywhere, that obviously means that there is some gang activity around there but i am not from there so don't take my word this is my first time down there but I hope that you find a Safe place to walk to school to!

Old 05-23-2013, 09:09 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,155,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper579 View Post
I just drove through the bronx today, heading for the zoo from waverly avenue ... i think? Anyway It looked a little run down
there was TAGS EVERYWHERE even near woodlawn cemetary there was tags on the wall and graffiti everywhere, that obviously means that there is some gang activity around there but i am not from there so don't take my word this is my first time down there but I hope that you find a Safe place to walk to school to!
Tags do not correlate with gang activity. There is graffiti scattered throughout the five boroughs. Part of the urban fabric in a creative, artsy town.

This thread is also old as hell too and some neighborhoods have come a long way since 2007!

Old 03-25-2018, 11:23 AM

1 posts, read 685 times
Well i live in Soundview right now and i guess i never had any problem like getting robbed but i have witnessed those things happen to someone else near randall ave projects (Monroe Houses) i think westchester avenue doesnt have as much problems as the side of soundview i live in which is east siuth of bruckner boulevard I mean castle hill isn't as bad as soundiew but has the same issues when it comes to income i think that Hustla is Right about the Middletown Pelham Bay area westchester square doesn't seem to be bad either and if you can commute by car country club neighborhood is also a go to soundview isnt that bad on the opposite side of the bruckner than westchester on morrison and evergreen they have a row of co-op which are the laffayette estates its just once you get down to a certain part of story avenue there are too much projects which is why i think i should of stayed in hghbridge which is not much of a problem when you think about souncview and only a small concentration of projects which are higbridge gardens but i wouldn't recommend highbridge for a white woman i mean on the other side of yankee stadium than highbridge there is the concource neighborhood and its extremely safe on walton avenue/ the grand concourse going from 161st street to 167tj st i dont know exactly how safe the mount eden neighbrohood is but if you do have a car i recommend that you move to the whitestone section of queens if you dont mind tolls its not that bad of a commute you just commute dacross the whitestone bridge which leaves you in the castle hill section of the Bronx which is right next to Soundview

Old 03-25-2018, 12:03 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,378,540 times
Soundview is the nicest part of the South Bronx I've been to so far
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City