Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2011, 09:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,200 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys,

I've been roaming the citi-data threads to try and get my answer to this question but they are a bit outdated. Here is my situation. I am 20 years old and I am moving back home ( Brooklyn) this year from a University somewhere in the US . I am going to move in with my mom but she currently lives in a 1 bedroom apt in a very nice neighborhood in Brooklyn. She pays 1000.00 now for that bedroom and I suggested to her that we move in together especially to help cut costs of bills etc. I wanted to know what areas in the Bronx can you guys suggest for us. I guess our budget would be 1500.00 but I reading on Pelham Parkway, Pelham Bay, somewhere where the rent would be "reasonable" i guess and safe and of course transportation accessible. I think it's time for us to move out of Brooklyn. Would you guys suggest anywhere in Westchester county because my mom has no desire to drive and the place we move to has to be someplace where she can commute without that much problem. I don't mean staying on a train for 2hrs- thats not a prob but someplace where the train is close. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S. It would also be closer to my little brother who is currently living with his father and my mom would love that. They live in wickam or something like that in the BX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 08:10 AM

412 posts, read 1,326,751 times
Wickham Ave is in the Baychester park of the Bronx near CO-OP City. You would actually have to take the bus to the train station but that area is not bad.

You have Bay Plaza shopping center there but it's mainly private homes.

I like that area of the BX but it gets really quiet and kinda creepy a night because its so dark.

A nice area would be where the poster said "Kingsbridge Terrace " close to Ft. Independence. Lovely area.

$1500 should get you a good 2 bedroom apartment because alot of them are running for just that much so you shouldn't have a problem.

Just make sure you credit is good because the landlords do ask for them.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:36 PM

149 posts, read 326,062 times
Throgs Neck, Pelham pkwy, Pelham bay, Mosholu pkwy. there are sections of Yonkers not too far from Wickham ave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City