Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 08:31 AM

4 posts, read 6,476 times

Advertisements

Is this the place to raise a family ?
I would love to, join the U.S. Army to get the military service required to join the NYPD and at least start a family in New York and I was planning, to move my family down to Florida
(Somewhere Most Likely Near Sarasota) and live unitl I retire
(but, unless NYC would truly be the place for me to live or I love it then I wouldnt leave)
Can, Anyone, Give me advice on This City Please and If its good to raise a family
also is it a great place for Single Straight Guys, Cause That is Me
Also Ive Never Been to NYC and Have Lived so Close All My Life (I Live in Cecil County)
If Anyone Can Give Me Awesome Info on New York City and What its Like There and What Raising a Family is Like and Anything Related to The Lifestyle There Please Feel Free to email Me Personally,

November_Pimp1992@YAHOO.COM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 08:57 AM

559 posts, read 1,110,904 times
It's where the promise of urban life is fulfilled--and constantly reinvented. It's the drawn bowstring of the universe--and it never goes slack.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:55 AM

398 posts, read 697,995 times
1. the food, 2. the museums (NatHist; Met), 3. the NYers-stick-togetherness which I have not seen anywhere else

Old 09-08-2011, 02:04 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,528,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk-nyc View Post
After work on Thursday I walked up Fifth Avenue and across the park. I met a friend for sushi and then over to Lincoln Center to see an opera (with free tickets). Afterwards I took the subway home. The whole evening cost me less than $20.

Anywhere else in the country that would have been a big (and rare) night out. In New York I can do it all the time.
Yep. So many top notch options for entertainment and self-realization are right there for the taking and can be had for next to nothing if you play your cards right. Every block seems to have an interesting story and the city keeps reinventing itself. So many different types of people and cultures crammed into a small area who manage to get along and actually appreciate each others' differences. So much sheer liveliness all over the city.

And winter isn't too bad. You really can't beat Christmas in NYC.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:34 PM

900 posts, read 2,370,847 times
I love New York for all the reasons others have given in this thread.

You can't help to love all these neurotic people. At least once a day you'll get a chuckle over something around here.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:05 AM

801 posts, read 1,104,529 times
I hate nyc......... Specially those that cant stand spanish people,,,,,.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City