Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 08:35 AM

1,556 posts, read 3,546,476 times

Advertisements

They should not rebuild those towers....really a bad idea. But when they do if any of the companies here in NYC decides to rent office space in them...they are crazy. Do not know how people would be able to go to work everyday looking at the memorial and not spend every moment of the work day in fear!

I know NYC is a greedy place that wants to capitalize on every inch of Manhattan real estate they can but there are some things that are better left alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 08:47 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,874,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Celebrations are dumb. I hope the people who celebrate realize that
Not really. The paki's celebrated when the towers got hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
They should not rebuild those towers....really a bad idea. But when they do if any of the companies here in NYC decides to rent office space in them...they are crazy. Do not know how people would be able to go to work everyday looking at the memorial and not spend every moment of the work day in fear!

I know NYC is a greedy place that wants to capitalize on every inch of Manhattan real estate they can but there are some things that are better left alone.
And to make it worse, they are building the towers even higher. I would be scared to work over there.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:52 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post

Uh, a little late for that, isn't it? And some leases have already been signed.

There's risk to everything. It's amazing to work that high up and look out and see the city before you.

Think about all the people who continued to work in the WTC after 1993. Yes, we knew the terrorists intended to strike again (although we did kind of hope intel was a little more on top of things). But look at all the people who worked there, going in everyday, knowing very well they were working in a terrorist target. Again, it's a trade-off. You take the risk knowing you get to work in the sky. People will work in the new buildings, as well.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:57 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,814,207 times
Sure, there is extra risk working in a terrorist target. I think going to work in such a place and in doing so giving a big middle finger to the terrorists everyday, does a little to make that risk worth it IMO.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:03 AM

Norah O'Donnell | Typo Obama Shot and Killed | Osama Bin Laden | The Daily Caller

Old 05-02-2011, 09:11 AM

Old 05-02-2011, 09:14 AM

53 posts, read 54,596 times
Talking GOOOOD BYE lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Burn in Hell!

Ding dong the witch is dead!

and the Choir sings " Weeeee arrrrrrrrre the chaaaaaaampionsssss my frrrrriends
..."

Old 05-02-2011, 09:30 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
LOL, that is awful!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:45 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,809,283 times
F

i

n

i
:d

Old 05-02-2011, 10:37 AM

1,556 posts, read 3,546,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Uh, a little late for that, isn't it? And some leases have already been signed.

There's risk to everything. It's amazing to work that high up and look out and see the city before you.

Think about all the people who continued to work in the WTC after 1993. Yes, we knew the terrorists intended to strike again (although we did kind of hope intel was a little more on top of things). But look at all the people who worked there, going in everyday, knowing very well they were working in a terrorist target. Again, it's a trade-off. You take the risk knowing you get to work in the sky. People will work in the new buildings, as well.
People have a right to make their own decisions....but a nice view is not worth dying for. They better go to work with parachutes strapped to their backs everyday! I stand by what I said...anybody in this city willing to take a chance working in those buildings is crazy. Work there if you dare!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City