Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 10:44 AM

1,556 posts, read 3,546,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony22 View Post
Not really. The paki's celebrated when the towers got hit.

And to make it worse, they are building the towers even higher. I would be scared to work over there.
Yeah more worried about the millions of dollars the city will lose on a piece of Manhattan real estate that remains unused than the lives that could be lost if this happens again. Really was a bad choice deciding to put those towers back up....hope we do not end up regreting it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 10:48 AM

467 posts, read 1,488,717 times
GOD BLESS THE USA AND OUR TROOPS, We finally got him.....NOW, MR. PRESIDENT, CAN WE PLEASE
BRING OUR TROOPS HOME? This certainly made my day......

Old 05-02-2011, 10:48 AM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
People have a right to make their own decisions....but a nice view is not worth dying for. They better go to work with parachutes strapped to their backs everyday! I stand by what I said...anybody in this city willing to take a chance working in those buildings is crazy. Work there if you dare!
LOL, well you are certainly entitled to your opinion! Love the strapping-on-the-parachutes image.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:33 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,874,299 times
Fail

YouTube - President Obama is DEAD!!?? FAIL!

Old 05-02-2011, 11:35 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,441,846 times
so how may are a little hung over this morning

Old 05-02-2011, 12:20 PM

113 posts, read 291,649 times
Quote:
Kudos to president Obama....he managed to quickly do what Bush could not figure out how to accomplish!
That's because he spent nearly 8 years searching for him in Costellobad, when he was hiding out in Abbottabad all along!

Old 05-02-2011, 12:22 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,496,338 times
Quote:
They should not rebuild those towers....really a bad idea. But when they do if any of the companies here in NYC decides to rent office space in them...they are crazy. Do not know how people would be able to go to work everyday looking at the memorial and not spend every moment of the work day in fear!

I know NYC is a greedy place that wants to capitalize on every inch of Manhattan real estate they can but there are some things that are better left alone.
I bet a lot of people that go to work in the new site will be people who didn't experience that day as an adult. I worked across the street and barely got out alive on 9/11. You couldn't pay me to work in any of those buildings. To be honest, I don't even want to work in Manhattan anymore, but do it out of necessity.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:58 PM

113 posts, read 291,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
first thoughts when i saw the news yesterday as it broke...
My first thoughts, as any good NY-er's should be, were: "Gee, I wonder if that compound is available, and how much do they want for it? It sure looks pretty roomy."

Old 05-02-2011, 01:40 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,912,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I loved his burial plan. Feed his sorry **s to the fishies!

OSAMA-YO MAMA!
Didn't that violate some sort of toxic waste law?

Those poor fish....

Old 05-02-2011, 02:46 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
first thoughts when i saw the news yesterday as it broke...

(first thing was the president was going to speak)
-huh? its mad late...
-??

(then it said osama bin laden has been killed, the president will speak shortly)
-...??????
-*rereads several times*
*it finally registers*
-OMG
-thank you jesus
-praise jesus
-OMG
-is this real??
-what? OMG!
etc. etc.

it didn't register at all for a min. i couldn't believe my eyes. right or wrong...i thanked God. i don't feel bad for thanking God for his death.
In case you didn't get the memo

Commandment#2:

Thou shalt not take God's name in vain

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City