Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 03:04 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,069,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
What I hate - Lets see I think if documented this a few times

- Insane Cost of Living, NYC has always been expensive....But now its down right eye gouging

- Taxes are too damn high...100k salary you're paycheck looks like 70K

- The City is just too crowded, some people love living in crowded conditions but now that I'm no longer in my 20's I'm not able to tolerate it as much...

- The congestion this is one reason I why I have moved to Jersey getting into and out of the city is pure insanity....Even going crosstown on side street some street will be a solid line of traffic from East Side to West Side...Subways are more overcrowded than ever 10min delay during rush hours causes the flood of people to start lining up on the stairs.

- The BUMS...MY GOD more and more bums every year I swear you could fill all Manhattan with just bums alone.

- Constantly being Ripped Off....Apartments, MTA, Con Edision, Tolls, etc....

- Corrupt City and State governements...

Why am I still in NYC, simple I have a Job I love.
Contradiction maybe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 03:07 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,069,188 times
The only thing to hate about nyc is COL and the insane amount of competition in anything involving jobs-from waiter to ceo

Old 05-03-2011, 06:29 PM

1,956 posts, read 4,861,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twist07 View Post
high rents, thats it.
The rent is a kiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post

- The BUMS...MY GOD more and more bums every year I swear you could fill all Manhattan with just bums alone.
That's a problem around my area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
The short guy.
Little bit of luck?

[quote=latikeriii;18999105]I honestly don’t think NYC is too crowded and unfriendly like the others do.

Weather.

quote]

NYC is way too crowded and there are a lot of *******s living here. What's wrong with the weather?

Old 05-04-2011, 02:53 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,857,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Contradiction maybe?
I was on my phone when typing that...I meant to say "why I havent move to Jersey"

Old 05-04-2011, 04:02 AM

154 posts, read 534,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPersianJewGurL View Post
I hate seeing all the Ghetto people in the city, I wish that there were far more affluent, better looking, better dressed people!
Moderator cut: Personal attack

OT: i don't hate anything about NYC but some things do annoy me,
like the huge amount of panhandlers...

Last edited by bmwguydc; 05-04-2011 at 07:25 PM.. Reason: Personal attack

Old 05-04-2011, 08:53 AM

175 posts, read 419,137 times
Cost of living. That's really the only thing, but it's a big one.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:19 PM

29 posts, read 72,130 times
Overall I really enjoy the diversity of NYC as a life long resident born in Brooklyn, raised in Queens and currently living in the Bronx. I see many people speak of the high rents which are insane for what you get but I also think it's crazy how high the prices of houses are. I mean come on in many of the outer boroughs what is considered a starter home is over $250K! Aside from that, my biggest gripe would be subway etiquette, or lack thereof! Men are horrible, they run for available seats, never let an elderly or pregnant women sit down. They sit with their legs wide open, taking up two seats. (I am a male by the way) Lastly, the backpack folks...would it kill you to take off the pack when the train is crowded? Place it near the floor and stop poking me in my back! A little courtesy people...PLEASE!!

Old 05-04-2011, 12:42 PM

3,072 posts, read 5,469,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEMURRAYS View Post
Overall I really enjoy the diversity of NYC as a life long resident born in Brooklyn, raised in Queens and currently living in the Bronx. I see many people speak of the high rents which are insane for what you get but I also think it's crazy how high the prices of houses are. I mean come on in many of the outer boroughs what is considered a starter home is over $250K! Aside from that, my biggest gripe would be subway etiquette, or lack thereof! Men are horrible, they run for available seats, never let an elderly or pregnant women sit down. They sit with their legs wide open, taking up two seats. (I am a male by the way) Lastly, the backpack folks...would it kill you to take off the pack when the train is crowded? Place it near the floor and stop poking me in my back! A little courtesy people...PLEASE!!
You're in the wrong city if you are looking for courtesy...It amazes me that what is usually common courtesy in other cities is unheard of here.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:46 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,275,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
You're in the wrong city if you are looking for courtesy...It amazes me that what is usually common courtesy in other cities is unheard of here.
NYers are courteous, just in a different way.

We won't say hi to someone random, but if they say hi, we'll politely say hi back.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:56 PM

1,280 posts, read 2,436,552 times
I hate the transplants who move into a developing neighborhood, and proceed to roll their eyes, and look down on the people of that community who have lived there for over 20+ years. Moderator cut: Off-topic

Last edited by bmwguydc; 05-04-2011 at 07:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City