Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 04:38 AM

415 posts, read 1,390,147 times

Advertisements

Ozone park has gone down hill. The mob kept it safe from street crime. Now most of the wiseguys are doing time or living on the island. Howard beach is still good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 09:50 AM

196 posts, read 776,908 times
I found this cool websight on tudor village,seems like a family friendly neighborhood Tudor Village | A Neighborhood Built On Community Involvement

Old 03-08-2009, 10:20 PM

33,333 posts, read 46,766,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
I lived in Ozone Park for 10 years, on Pitkin Avenue, and I moved because it was becoming bad. There were a lot of house robberies going on, and I got mugged twice in broad daylight there. It has nothing to do with the changing demographics in the area, it most likely had to do with the fact that the neighborhood happens to border some really bad areas [East New York etc.], and the criminals from there "discovered" the neighborhood.

Woodhaven is slowly becoming bad too. They're not bad neighborhoods now, but they are declining.
u got mugged on pitkin avenue twice? in broad daylight? i know crime happens everywhere, but pitkin avenue in queens is a pretty quiet street. sometimes i used to drive to 80th street by the A train stop and park. i believe you about the house burglaries, but mugged? i can't imagine that happening over there. maybe on liberty avenue cause its under the EL, and at night that can make it dark...

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-10-2009, 12:35 AM

656 posts, read 1,415,159 times
Default Disagree with Seventh floor

Ozone park is not a great neighboorhood. Murders have been on the rise and it is quoted in the daily news or the post I believe about rising murders.

I drove around there at night and its not that great.

The crime happens everywhere argument is a bit useless at times, but you need to always be street smart and be on the lookout wherever you are.

Richmond hill and ozone park homes do command a bit of a higher price near the subway station.

A lot of gangs/mobsters/drug dealers are around ozone park/richmond hill can be very congested crowded at times.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:40 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,427,626 times
I took a drive through Richmond Hill and Woodhaven and both areas have changed dramatically --- and NOT for the better. I was looking at apartments on a Sunday afternoon and people had music blasting, there was graffiti everywhere, and people were hanging around, sitting on cars drinking beer, etc. Needless to say, I wouldn't have taken an apartment in the area had they paid ME to live there.

Ozone Park (Liberty/Lefferts) on the other hand, was very nice... .very diverse community. I would have loved to have rented there, but there was nothing available in what I was looking for.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:19 AM

656 posts, read 1,415,159 times
Default Right on but maybe you should rent somewhere else

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I took a drive through Richmond Hill and Woodhaven and both areas have changed dramatically --- and NOT for the better. I was looking at apartments on a Sunday afternoon and people had music blasting, there was graffiti everywhere, and people were hanging around, sitting on cars drinking beer, etc. Needless to say, I wouldn't have taken an apartment in the area had they paid ME to live there.

Ozone Park (Liberty/Lefferts) on the other hand, was very nice... .very diverse community. I would have loved to have rented there, but there was nothing available in what I was looking for.

Yes, richmond hill is noisy and congested a commercial strip, I know there are homes near the train but while they command a higher price, they don't command a higher price than homes in better off suburbs for that reason.

There are quieter sections in ozone park and sections that are more crime-prone with people hanging out late. If you go south of liberty ave there are areas where the homes and places are quiet and more of a suburban fashion. Nevertheless it does n't have the feel of a better neighboorhood it seems a bit remote and you can hear the airplanes a lot in those areas.

I think your better of in queens along hillside avenue or if you can afford it go north.

I am not sure how richmond hill got so noisy and congested , I really think its because of the commercial strip , the trains and the buses with school children all combined. Also a lot of immigrants are doubled up in attics and basements.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:28 AM

33,333 posts, read 46,766,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech2enable View Post
Ozone park is not a great neighboorhood. Murders have been on the rise and it is quoted in the daily news or the post I believe about rising murders.

I drove around there at night and its not that great.

The crime happens everywhere argument is a bit useless at times, but you need to always be street smart and be on the lookout wherever you are.

Richmond hill and ozone park homes do command a bit of a higher price near the subway station.

A lot of gangs/mobsters/drug dealers are around ozone park/richmond hill can be very congested crowded at times.

where in ozone park did u drive? i have walked down liberty avenue at night plenty of times and didnt see anything to be alarmed about. i'm not saying its the best neighborhood, but i would give it an average rating.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-23-2009, 09:41 AM

1 posts, read 5,291 times
I lived in Ozone Park for three years and I loved it. The area is nice and quiet and conveniently located near the train station and liberty avenue. We recently moved to AT Albans and I hate it, now that is a ghetto. We are planning to sell the house in ST Albans and move back to Ozone Park. I am from the Islands and I would rather live in Ozone park than anywhere else. I also love the Tudor village and I do intend to buy my first home there as soon as I can afford to buy my own.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 5,236 times
Ozone Park Sucks! we moved here to start our new family on January and all we've had are headaches, there's no parking, we are i constant fear that someone is going to break into our house. i have a newborn daughter and my husband has to work so if i'm home by myself i get freaked out wen the door bell in the middle of the night and there is no one there. But the worst if you do manage to find parking when you wake up in the morning your car window is smashed and everything in it stolen. It turns out the neighbors are used to this common occurrence. Funny because the rent is so high in this area, so not worth it. We wish someone would've told us all this before we moved here. Ozone Park Sucks!!

Old 06-13-2009, 03:59 PM

2 posts, read 9,011 times
I live in Richmond Hill, and I was wondering whether Tudor Village was still good. It seems as though South Ozone Park has definitely become Ghetto, but parts of Ozone Park near Howard Beach are nice. It's funny how Tudor Village looks like part of Glendale that was picked up and dropped off in a bad area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City