U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 08:28 AM

4 posts, read 32,058 times

Advertisements

If you like a progressive neighborhood with a mix of people, definitely go for the north shore. Beautiful old houses, a historic district, good mix of restaurants. Use a broker who knows the Ward Hill, Grymes Hill, and St. George areas. The people who live here aren't your typical SIer (and by typical I mean those who don't really get off the island much and so have a provincial way of looking at things). Good luck.
Rate this post positively

Old 09-04-2008, 12:53 PM

718 posts, read 2,185,184 times
The ninja! What ever happened to him?

Old 09-09-2008, 02:57 PM

3 posts, read 16,957 times
My Parents live in Lower Todt Hill,, that area is changing bad! The Todt Hill projects went way down hill which is making that area have more crime. Annadale, Hueguonot, Great Kills, Princess Bay like the person above stated, are good and nice area's. No Projects there!

Old 09-10-2008, 10:03 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,613,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DITC View Post
The ninja! What ever happened to him?
THE NINJA WAS CAUGHT!!!!!! It turned out to be someone from a foreign country, I think it was Russia.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie35 View Post
my parents live in lower todt hill,, that area is changing bad! The todt hill projects went way down hill which is making that area have more crime. Annadale, hueguonot, great kills, princess bay like the person above stated, are good and nice area's. No projects there!
thank god!!!! :d:d:d:d

Old 09-10-2008, 10:24 PM

718 posts, read 2,185,184 times
That was a wild story. Only on Staten Island.

This one was funny too. The guy beating up the peacock because he thought it was a vampire.
Pet-Abuse.Com - Animal Abuse Case Details: Peacock badly beaten, resulting in death - Tottenville, NY (US)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
THE NINJA WAS CAUGHT!!!!!! It turned out to be someone from a foreign country, I think it was Russia.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:40 AM
col

131 posts, read 638,186 times
I would say move to tottenville, I don't know where info is gotten about provincial ideals or
progressive people only living on the north shore...the north shore is known to have more crime and schools that have difficulties. Its great in alot of ways, snug harbor, alice austin house etc but progressive ideals are not limited to the north shore. In tottenville we have a quite area, historic colonial park, culture, great library, shore line and more.

Just an FYI

Old 09-13-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellythongs View Post
You're going to be surrounded by wannabe Italian guidos or just plain guidos hahaha. I'm from CA and I go to school on Long Island and that's how it isssss
You have plenty of those people you are referring to in ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA, maybe that is why you moved out of there!

Old 09-13-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkyfats View Post
Again I am a real estate agent who lives in Brooklyn and my office is out of Staten Island.

Depending on where your husband might be working you could live in Dyker Heights Brooklyn or Bay Ridge and he'd still have a pretty easy commute

I've seen some very suburban areas around the Staten Island Mall that might appeal to you. Also you might consider New Jersey.
PLEASE, do not send her to New Jersey, without telling her that it has the HIGHEST PROPERTY TAXES IN THE NATION, along with the highest car insurance!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-30-2008, 06:27 PM

2 posts, read 8,272 times
My 64 year old father wants to move back to staten island from virginia. He recently got an o.k. For a one bedroom place in the west brighton projects, senior building. I have been fetting mixed information from "keep him out of there" to the senior buildings are o.k., and there is not much crime on seniors. Please help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City