Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 03:08 AM

24 posts, read 151,305 times

Advertisements

I personally like New Dorp and Great Kills.

Depends on where he's working and what you're looking for in a neighborhood(more urban or more suburban?)

If you get back to us on that, I'm sure you'll get a better informed opinion.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:30 AM

1 posts, read 6,625 times
I retired in Florida from Staten Island 4 years ago. Lived there 15 years. My opinion as to the best neighborhoods are Annadale, Eltingville and Great Kills. Staten Island Hospital is not far albeit the whole island is 17 miles long. Good luck.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:57 PM

35 posts, read 156,611 times
You're going to be surrounded by wannabe Italian guidos or just plain guidos hahaha. I'm from CA and I go to school on Long Island and that's how it isssss

Old 08-20-2007, 11:49 AM

11 posts, read 26,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder94 View Post
Staten Island is nice,
just don't breath the air and don't drink the water.
The water happens to be the same water as Brooklyn.
Look at houses in Westerleigh,Grymes Hills and Todt Hill.Very nice areas

Old 08-20-2007, 12:15 PM

2 posts, read 15,096 times
Again I am a real estate agent who lives in Brooklyn and my office is out of Staten Island.

Depending on where your husband might be working you could live in Dyker Heights Brooklyn or Bay Ridge and he'd still have a pretty easy commute

I've seen some very suburban areas around the Staten Island Mall that might appeal to you. Also you might consider New Jersey.

Old 08-21-2007, 03:18 PM

19 posts, read 72,545 times
I would say the more expensive areas would be Todt Hill, Grymes Hill, Southeast Annadale & Tottenville. There are also a lot of homes on the water which you might be interested in. Very nice areas overall-- forget the mafia stuff up there. Good luck to you!

Old 01-08-2008, 08:10 AM
col

131 posts, read 674,645 times
Default HMMMM, lets see

You may be happy here if you stick to your self and ignore, the fashion parades, the stuck up noses, the keeping up with the joneses race, the mob mentality in a lot of the areas and the blatant graphiti and garbage flying out of peoples cars.

My family and I move here some 3 years ago to get out of Brooklyn. At first we
loved the arts, culture and some of the schools aren't to bad either. Colonial
history is abundant. Stuff to like and lots to dislike, it depends on your state of mind..when the mall is packed and cultural activities like a gathering at the famous conference house has maybe 10 people you see where the bourough
stands.

I would suggest Tottenville for its somewhat quite atmosphere and its
proximity to new jersey shopping.

Good Luck, wish I could get out.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:35 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,658,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Staten Island is big in the Mafia.
hahahahaha are you serious?

Maybe the little spiked haired Gotti wanna-be's... I know a significant amount of people from SI, and spent a lot of time there... there is no big Mafia out there.

Todt Hill has some REALLY nice houses. Tottenville as well. I'd start my search in that area. Do you have a price range? I have a friend who bought in a new development by the mall, very nice houses there.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:33 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,658,282 times
If these cases were as highly confidential as you claim them to be, you're putting everyone in danger by mentioning them to strengthen your e-cred.

I have spent years on Staten Island and have many, many friends who have lived there their whole lives. There is no MAJOR mafia activity. You say it as if people should move to SI expecting the Sopranos, when they should really be expecting the Gotti Kids.

And nice racist comment pinning all arabs as terrorists. Because you know those terrorists are using 7-11's as a front. Here's a tip, most of those people with the turbans at 7-11 are Indian, not even Arabic.

Where exactly are you seeing these anti-american flags? I travel all over the tri-state area and have never seen such a thing.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:50 PM

43 posts, read 573,367 times
First off dont listen to anyone who tells you that you wont find good neighborhoods in Staten Island. There are alot of good areas mostly on the south shore but you also have Todt Hill which is a very good area. Bottom line is it all depends on how much you can afford.

P.S. watch out for the ninja burgery!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City