Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 10:07 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,272,299 times

Advertisements

Why the hell did the cop wait so long to take any sort of action?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 10:18 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,456 times
Cop would've shot a minority

Old 05-11-2011, 10:21 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,920 times
Normally aside from gentrification topics I don't like pulling the race card but @ tommyc_37's question... I don't see how this can be anything other than double standards... everything about this case from the part where the cop did nothing even after he took off his clothes and then allowing him to attack the lady to the fact that he wasn't charged with a thing...

To all those who say racism isn't alive... please comment on this video... and remove your subjective opinions for a moment and ask yourselves... honestly... if this were a black or hispanic man doing this in bedford ave in williamsburg or forest hills or middle village or whatever other predominantly white neighborhood... would this have escalated as far as it did? would all charges have been dropped?

Old 05-11-2011, 10:32 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,813,926 times
Thats my daddy you guys, so take it easy.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:12 AM

10 posts, read 36,245 times
The cop looked like he was scared, random people had to help him subdue the guy. I guess when your crazy and high you don't respond to a cop pulling a gun on you, and did the cop not have a taser on him? Taser would have been perfect in this situation.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:39 AM

1,583 posts, read 3,677,484 times
I'm annoyed that it took so long for the cop to get him too. I'd be livid if I were the woman on the stairs or the person (don't know if it was a man or woman) who the naked loon attacked so close to the edge of the platform. The man was clearly unarmed and he should have done something.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:45 AM

357 posts, read 727,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Why the hell did the cop wait so long to take any sort of action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Cop would've shot a minority

Maybe he's a coward?
Maybe he just didn't want to shoot a white guy?
Maybe some of the other people are also at fault for staying on the train with a crazy man stripping. I know we've all seen some crazy stuff on the trains, but if you see that, you should be as far as possible. If that train had been empty, the cop could have dealt with it a lot better.

edit: looks like the cop was standing around for awhile, as was everyone else hence the video being recorded. By the time Mr. Crazy was in his underwear, Mr. Cop should have drawn his gun and ordered everyone out of the car. Instruct Mr. Crazy to put the hands up and not move, yada yada yada, fill in the blanks.

Last edited by blackconverse; 05-11-2011 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: rewatched video

Old 05-11-2011, 11:45 AM

34,091 posts, read 47,293,896 times
A swift kick to the you-know-whats would have did this guy in. The movie would have been over 2 and a half minutes sooner.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-11-2011, 11:48 AM

479 posts, read 1,442,943 times
I think the Cop was waiting for back up. But he had to take him down once he assaulted a person. Thankfully others help him. I don't see anything wrong with his actions.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:55 AM

357 posts, read 727,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekitor View Post
I think the Cop was waiting for back up. But he had to take him down once he assaulted a person. Thankfully others help him. I don't see anything wrong with his actions.
That's crap. He should never have been allowed to leave the train. That man was a danger from the start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City