Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 06:22 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,254,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
No, but the fact that you find this funny says a lot about your character.
Yes it does say a lot about my character.

-It says that I'm not a slumlord.

-It says that I'm not blinded by the inflated rent money the government throws in my face to entice me to rent to Section 8 tenants.

-It says that despite having an apartment building in the middle of the Bronx, I don't give in or conform to renting to the stereotypical "ghetto" demographic the Bronx is known to harbor and in which has plagued the borough for over 60 years!

It says that I CARE about my community as I go above and beyond to make sure I preserve whatever desirability is left of my Bronx community as I will NOT ALLOW ghetto, ignorant people to infiltrate my property and "ghettofy" it.

Yup, you're right. It does say a lot about my character.

The problem you have with me is that you know very damn well that you wouldn't qualify for one of my apartments because to some extent or another you have similar characteristics of the people that I would never rent to. In other words, people like you would be blacklisted from renting one of my apartments. You may not be all-the-way "hood" but you sure have enough "hood" in you to make you undesirable.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:40 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,911,437 times
^Wow, you live in The Bronx? I wonder where.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
^Wow, you live in The Bronx? I wonder where.
Born and raised in the Bronx. That's why I'm so passionate in fixing it up. There's a lot of sentimental value there for me.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:04 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,561,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
Yes it does say a lot about my character.

-It says that I'm not a slumlord.

-It says that I'm not blinded by the inflated rent money the government throws in my face to entice me to rent to Section 8 tenants.

-It says that despite having an apartment building in the middle of the Bronx, I don't give in or conform to renting to the stereotypical "ghetto" demographic the Bronx is known to harbor and in which has plagued the borough for over 60 years!

It says that I CARE about my community as I go above and beyond to make sure I preserve whatever desirability is left of my Bronx community as I will NOT ALLOW ghetto, ignorant people to infiltrate my property and "ghettofy" it.

Yup, you're right. It does say a lot about my character.

The problem you have with me is that you know very damn well that you wouldn't qualify for one of my apartments because to some extent or another you have similar characteristics of the people that I would never rent to. In other words, people like you would be blacklisted from renting one of my apartments. You may not be all-the-way "hood" but you sure have enough "hood" in you to make you undesirable.
LOL at the last paragraph. If someone of your mindset disapproves of me, then I'm doing something right. You know what? It's funny how you harping on how ignorant these "ghetto and undesirables" are, yet you display so much ignorance and you're proud of that. Think about it: doesn't that sound like a group of people you know and despise?! Yeah, you're in the company with the hoodrats and "undesirables".

Old 04-20-2012, 07:24 PM

835 posts, read 1,040,219 times
Quote:

I'm curious...
What has that poster done that's considered "Hood"?
I just read all the everything he has posted and he hasn't talked about drug dealing, gang banging, or and other "hood" subjects. He hasn't said anything that can be remotely related to "Hood".

You didn't even answer this poster's question

" If you have a middle-class black man who happens to work in the finance sector, makes good money, has good credit, and is a good tenant in all areas, but he loves to listen to hip-hop and he talks casually (or "hood" as some might call it) around other people in the neighborhood."

He's not saying the guy is hood. He is well educated and presents himself well but happens listens to rap and sometimes talks with slang. Would you rent to him? He's not a drug dealer or a gang banger just a respectable man looking for a place to live.

Personally, I think rejecting someone because of the kind of music they listen to would be wrong because everybody uses slang.

"Howdy" is an informal way of greeting someone but I bet you wouldn't turn down a tenant for saying that. I doubt you would reject a tenant for saying "It's the bees knees". Both of those are informal. How would you react to that?

Old 04-20-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
oh hilltopjay, you crack me up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
I'm curious...
What has that poster done that's considered "Hood"?
I just read all the everything he has posted and he hasn't talked about drug dealing, gang banging, or and other "hood" subjects. He hasn't said anything that can be remotely related to "Hood".

You didn't even answer this poster's question

" If you have a middle-class black man who happens to work in the finance sector, makes good money, has good credit, and is a good tenant in all areas, but he loves to listen to hip-hop and he talks casually (or "hood" as some might call it) around other people in the neighborhood."

He's not saying the guy is hood. He is well educated and presents himself well but happens listens to rap and sometimes talks with slang. Would you rent to him? He's not a drug dealer or a gang banger just a respectable man looking for a place to live.

Personally, I think rejecting someone because of the kind of music they listen to would be wrong because everybody uses slang.

"Howdy" is an informal way of greeting someone but I bet you wouldn't turn down a tenant for saying that. I doubt you would reject a tenant for saying "It's the bees knees". Both of those are informal. How would you react to that?
If you had read all the replies, I did reply to his question. I said it depends and went into further detail.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
If you had read all the replies, I did reply to his question. I said it depends and went into further detail.

No, you went into all this BS about if he was too "Hood". He never said anything about him being "Hood" or the people in the neighborhood.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
No, you went into all this BS about if he was too "Hood". He never said anything about him being "Hood" or the people in the neighborhood.
Wipe the jerry curl juice out your eyes and read up for the correct post that contains the reply.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Wipe the jerry curl juice out your eyes and read up for the correct post that contains the reply.

Is that a racist remark? Are you trying to insult me by calling me ghetto or hood?

I read the post and you didn't answer. You avoided it. It's a simple yes or no question.

Please stop with your ignorance.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:09 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,921 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City