Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 10:48 AM

25 posts, read 52,581 times

Advertisements

NEW VIDEO: NYC PUERTO RICAN DAY PARADE 2000 SEX ATTACKS (DOCUMENTARY) (http://str8nyc.com/2009/09/29/new-vide-nyc-puerto-rican-day-parade-2000-sex-attacks-documentary/ - broken link)

I just found this documentary on google video and brought back vivid memories of when this happened 10 years ago and how big of a story it was. But I never heard what happened to the dirt bags who committed these disgusting attacks, anyone know what their punishment was? Also from what I remember the police were looking for around 40 people, but I only remember them catching 13 before the news media began moving away from this story. What happened to the rest?

Finally what has the NYPD done since to protect innocent people from savage mobs? I remember a few years ago on Easter something similar to this happened in time square and there were no cops to be found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 07:44 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,623 times
I remember the year after the attack it did not stir away the ladies from this parade. If you go to it now, it's a skin fest. Girls with barely nothing on .

Old 05-16-2011, 04:29 PM

25 posts, read 52,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrnicolas84 View Post
I remember the year after the attack it did not stir away the ladies from this parade. If you go to it now, it's a skin fest. Girls with barely nothing on .
If you watched the documentary you'll see a lot of the girls at the parade acted trashy and riled up the goons into a frenzy. If they want to go to a parade to get grind on, expose themselves, and have men tape their @ss than thats fine, thats their right. Unfortunately that led to a lot of innocent women being attacked and molested by those same scumbags including a French woman, 2 British women, 2 Italian women, and 3 women from Long Island.

Old 05-16-2011, 05:16 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Yeah I remember when this story was pretty big. I believe the NYPD kept the camera stills of the suspects on its Most Wanted page for about a year or two...then they took it off. Never read anything else about it after that. I think the chance of anyone being caught by those photos was a complete shot in the dark and was only done to make it look like the NYPD was actually doing something.

Old 05-16-2011, 06:12 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,456 times
I was there

Crazy day

Old 05-16-2011, 08:56 PM

1,090 posts, read 3,168,340 times
Acting like a bunch of rabid gorillas.

Last edited by BingCherry; 05-16-2011 at 09:04 PM..

Old 05-17-2011, 03:14 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McMahon View Post
If you watched the documentary you'll see a lot of the girls at the parade acted trashy and riled up the goons into a frenzy. If they want to go to a parade to get grind on, expose themselves, and have men tape their @ss than thats fine, thats their right. Unfortunately that led to a lot of innocent women being attacked and molested by those same scumbags including a French woman, 2 British women, 2 Italian women, and 3 women from Long Island.
I remember that there was a newlywed couple that was assaulted and the new bride was stripped of her clothes. I always tell my female family members NOT to go to events like this since it always brings the hood people. I went to the Rio de Janeiro for 2011 Carnaval parades in the sambadrome and it's more organized and more about the music and floats. The block parades are a little wild but nothing like that pr parade.

PR day parade attack from 10 years ago-pict0319.jpg
PR day parade attack from 10 years ago-pict0325.jpg

Old 05-17-2011, 03:21 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times
Wow this is really old news..and honestly I think all these parades are silly. And they always end up glorifying the wrong things..like some dumb actor/singer...how about we cheer for the scientists, doctors, entrepreneurs, community leaders (NOT elected politicians), philanthropists, CEOs, etc. Who cares about a damn rapper and why is that something to aspire to exactly or celebrate?

Why do people have to get brazenly drunk at the Irish Parade? Why push and promote that stereotype? It's things like these that cause me to avoid the parades..its alot of unbridled stupidity recast as "pride."

Old 05-17-2011, 03:34 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Wow this is really old news..and honestly I think all these parades are silly. And they always end up glorifying the wrong things..like some dumb actor/singer...how about we cheer for the scientists, doctors, entrepreneurs, community leaders (NOT elected politicians), philanthropists, CEOs, etc. Who cares about a damn rapper and why is that something to aspire to exactly or celebrate?

Why do people have to get brazenly drunk at the Irish Parade? Why push and promote that stereotype? It's things like these that cause me to avoid the parades..its alot of unbridled stupidity recast as "pride."

Old 05-17-2011, 07:23 PM

979 posts, read 4,457,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post

Do you have the vaguest concept of human nature?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City