U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2011, 04:14 PM

4 posts, read 11,871 times

Advertisements

So I applied for this company a little over a month ago, I got called for a first interview then a second, then got scheduled for a drug test, passed that, then they did a background check passed that too, then they started calling my references, my references are very reliable so Im sure I did well on that as well. The head quarters is located in another state and i got a call called from the HR dept. but I missed their phone call, they left me a message saying to call back, i did so i left him a message, but now I wont get a phone call in return, should i stop calling them?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 04:23 PM

12,188 posts, read 15,766,895 times
call back! They are interested in you as a candidate if they went this far..Often busy HR depts might take time calling back. Tell them you are interested still in the position and have completed some of the pre-requisites already.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:35 PM

3,268 posts, read 5,311,242 times
call back in case your 1st voicemail message didn't go through because of an electronic error or other force beyond your control

Old 05-16-2011, 05:24 PM

I called back three times to this particular Hr representative, he doesnt pick up it goes to voice mail So i left him a message hoping he would call back, but he hasnt, should i keep calling back everyday?

Old 05-16-2011, 05:57 PM

2,558 posts, read 5,121,235 times
How long has it been? One of the HR managers where I work straight up told me not to bother leaving a voicemail because she doesn't check them.

I would continue to call back during times when he's likely to be at his desk (i.e. Monday - Friday, 9-5, but not 11-1 while he's likely at lunch). Do you have the number for anyone else at the company? If not, just Google the place and get some generic number then ask to be transfered to HR, see if you get a different person.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:25 AM

177 posts, read 397,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
How long has it been? One of the HR managers where I work straight up told me not to bother leaving a voicemail because she doesn't check them.

I would continue to call back during times when he's likely to be at his desk (i.e. Monday - Friday, 9-5, but not 11-1 while he's likely at lunch). Do you have the number for anyone else at the company? If not, just Google the place and get some generic number then ask to be transfered to HR, see if you get a different person.
These are good suggestions. Just to mention, I know someone who is right now having this happen too. It's so frustrating. He has had 2 interviews-- almost the very same story as yours. Hang in there and I hope you get this or another job you would like very soon.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:50 AM

i left him a message friday and monday today is tuesday how long should i wait to continue calling him, thanks ya'll for the suggestions

Old 05-17-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
Do you have the number for anyone else at the company? If not, just Google the place and get some generic number then ask to be transfered to HR, see if you get a different person.
great advice. this usually works

Old 05-26-2011, 09:46 AM

WELL, I got the job you just have to press the HR in a timely cordial manner... thanks for your advices

Old 05-28-2011, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrock View Post
WELL, I got the job you just have to press the HR in a timely cordial manner... thanks for your advices
congratulations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>