Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 04:34 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,442,957 times

Advertisements

i shop at a local target for my tp and papertowels and cleaning supplies and some of the frozen items i like & milk & along with diet soda i keep in the apt in the place to drink ..

but there is a big price mark up on some of the items box items like mash potatoes mix a or bags of Splenda the fake sugar i use in all my drinks or food that needs to be sweeten ..

i can get a super sized bag of Splenda online that will last me up to about two months of use compared to the small bag that the other sale in the city ..

also alot more items i found when i have compared there prices to the same name brand chain food stores outside the city

i have started to compare prices with the local places where i shop and i finding if i go through places like Amazon and buy the case website i'm saveing about 60 bucks or more a month on my food bill doing it the way i'm useing the local places for small things i need for the apt and going online for the bulk items ..

i have been shopping at the local places for meats and fresh fuits and eggs & bread i like at the local farmer markets there in the city when i need them on sat morning ..

So has anyone else been compareing prices from places like amazon when to the local market and how much more money you save buying through amazon or buy the case .websites..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 01:46 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,232 times
i sometimes buy 'wet ones' from buythecase. i haven't used them in a long time.

'wet ones' are antibacterial wipes - they're for your hands, but i use them to clean the stove, the microwave, the kitchen floor and the toilet seat and jiggle as well as faucets and cabinet pulls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City