Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 07:40 PM

431 posts, read 2,125,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbeans View Post
I need help. I am a beautiful, slim, black, educated female in Queens, NY and have been single for way too long. I think I am at the desperation point. I need a date or something. I am starting to think there might be something wrong with me, I am starting to feel depressed and lonely and don't know what to do to find an eligible man in NY. Am I doing something wrong? Please help.
Girl...trust me, there is nothing wrong with you. Been in your shoes, not too long ago. Most of my girlfriends that are still in NY, in their 30s, attractive, very successful in their careers, and totally have it together, and they are single. Very single. When I was in NY, i was dating but these men did not want to settle down. NYC has been, and will continue to be, the place to make money and to be single--indefinitely. I don't know what to tell you. But basically, you've got millions of other women in competition with you. The men in NY work hard and play hard. If you want to settle down, move to the country.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:59 AM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
I think the question has to be: What have you done so far? It's largely a matter of what sort of things you do to meet people. I'm in favor of joining a few groups, taking a few classes, volunteerting for a political candidates. There are certainly those options in abundance in NYC.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:05 PM

201 posts, read 1,282,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbeans View Post
I need help. I am a beautiful, slim, black, educated female in Queens, NY and have been single for way too long. I think I am at the desperation point. I need a date or something. I am starting to think there might be something wrong with me, I am starting to feel depressed and lonely and don't know what to do to find an eligible man in NY. Am I doing something wrong? Please help.
If I lived in NYC I could solve your problem.
But I don't.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:44 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
well, like another poster said. right off the bat with "i am a beautiful...." gives a neg impression. some guys like conceited girls, many many dont. i personally, i stay as far away from that type as possible.
Doesn't give me a negative impression...in fact, even if it's not true...you're ruining my fantasy!

Old 08-23-2007, 12:12 PM

36 posts, read 154,397 times
Default Want the truth...

Why would a man settle in NYC? If I am making it in NYC then obvious I am a successful guy. Maybe we can hang out, but unless you are a 10, then why would I stick around when five other 10s just walked by as single as you.

As I age, I keep on getting more successful and the women just keep getting younger.

Truth.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:29 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
hmmmm...it's nice to successful and rich...and well-hung! It must be good to be you.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
hmmmm...it's nice to successful and rich...and well-hung! It must be good to be you.
Flattery will only get you so far. Besides I was stating option, not fact.

Let’s just say the Trump types don't really need to be 10's themselves to have 10's by their sides.

I will just toss this out there, why should single, successful, good-looking, men ever settle down?

Old 08-23-2007, 03:59 PM

470 posts, read 1,707,405 times
notthesame -

How will you ever know for certain if a woman only wants to spend time with you for your money? Don't you want to be appreciated for more than your material success? Seriously, do you have anything more to offer? It seems kind of sad to me that you're content with a woman (more like a series of women) with so little life experience and wisdom. It takes time to develop those traits.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:03 PM

470 posts, read 1,707,405 times
Dear GreenBeans,

Your situation repeats itself in many places. I wish I could offer encouragement, but in my opinion, finding love is pure coincidence.

I think men aren't evaluated for quality in the holistic manner that women are.

Old 08-23-2007, 04:23 PM

Default women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzer View Post
notthesame -

How will you ever know for certain if a woman only wants to spend time with you for your money? Don't you want to be appreciated for more than your material success? Seriously, do you have anything more to offer? It seems kind of sad to me that you're content with a woman (more like a series of women) with so little life experience and wisdom. It takes time to develop those traits.
Again, you are assuming I flash money or something.

Want to know a good way to test if a woman is with you for a meal ticket? Go out to lunch, 1st date or 2nd date, and as the bill comes, push it across the table and watch for her reaction.

Obviously I wish to be appreciated for more than material success. I have more to offer as well, but you have missed the point.

Men with options, why should they settle down?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City