Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 09:09 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,375,776 times

Advertisements

Yes..as are the corporate welfare leeches, and the billion dollar investment swindlers stealing our retirement funds, equity in our homes,and our future and American way of life...which are the far bigger problems than a welfare mom feeding her kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 09:10 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times
Nothing wrong with the smoking ban. Children go to parks, so why not avoid it there. Children also go to beaches. Why should children have to endure second hand smoke? Why should any of us? If someone wants to smoke they can do it while at home. I smoked years ago and while I was in the Air Force and think that it's a step in the right direction.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:13 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
I quit recently, although this will make it easier to stay smoke-free, i think it's a bit draconian. With all the pollution in the air, I don't think second hand smoke outside is a problem. Now if you are in an enclosed room with 1 or more puffer's..then it's probably no good.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:14 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,215,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Yes..as are the corporate welfare leeches, and the billion dollar investment swindlers stealing our retirement funds, equity in our homes,and our future and American way of life...which are the far bigger problems than a welfare mom feeding her kids.

While you are grossly underestimating how much of a problem the welfare abuse problem is (in our country), I'm glad to hear you at least acknowledge it. I expected you to talk out both sides of your mouth like usual.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:22 AM

I think there is alot of entitlement reform needed, which includes social security, medicare, medicaid, disability, pension reforms, etc...and I am well aware at how big it is...but I am equally if not more concerned about the corporate welfare and fraud, outsourcing of jobs to low wage countries for profit, all of which are far more detrimental to our future and American lifestyle/security than fraudulent disability claims.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:27 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,215,558 times
Not talking about disability, my dude...

Old 05-24-2011, 09:49 AM

Well it all falls under entitlement fraud...you want to fix the fraud in welfare...then you should also want to fix the fraud in disability, and every other program.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:35 AM

597 posts, read 1,298,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photography View Post
I'm very glad this ban was passed. I'm not a smoker. I can't stand cigarette smoke, and think that smokers tend to be inconsiderate when they blow their smoke everywhere, along with littering their cigarette butts in parks and beaches. I shouldn't have to be subjected to breathing in a smoker's cigarette smoke wafting around.

I think this ban is a step in the right direction for cleaner air and a healthier environment. However, there needs to be stricter regulations enacted on the exhaust emitted from vehicles.
I understand your care about your health, but tell me how will you avoid breathing the many pollutants and carcinogens in the air of a big city like??
How do you avoid breathing the carbon monoxid from the cars, buses, trucks, etc...??
How do you avoid bretahing the pollutants released into the air by industries??
I suggest you to wear a diving suit while living in NY.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:39 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
I understand your care about your health, but tell me how will you avoid breathing the many pollutants and carcinogens in the air of a big city like??
How do you avoid breathing the carbon monoxid from the cars, buses, trucks, etc...??

I want to know this also.

I work in a very industrial area, I go out to lunch, not a single person will be smoking around me, yet trucks, busses and cars are roaring by ........gee wonder what I am breathing in.......?????????????????????????

and I am supposed to be worried about second hand smoke.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:41 AM

5,545 posts, read 2,037,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
I can't avoid pollutants from vehicles unfortunately. That's why I said the following, because I knew I'd get a comment from someone like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photography View Post
I think this ban is a step in the right direction for cleaner air and a healthier environment. However, there needs to be stricter regulations enacted on the exhaust emitted from vehicles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: