Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 07:14 AM

337 posts, read 969,850 times

Advertisements

you are like every other transplant in nyc, you watch too much tv. Ny hasn't been the city you're all looking for since the late 80's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 11:09 AM

2,871 posts, read 4,796,072 times
Let me ask you – do you want to return just to prove you can make it? Are you feeling defeated because you left in such a short time? If so, in my opinion, that’s just setting yourself up for another bad experience.

Think long and hard and come back for all the right reasons. In your post, #9, last paragraph, still shows a lot of doubt IMO. If a large concern is the stability of Wall Street, well, need I say more?

As Bluedog2 said, “you have to have the requisite "adaptability" that is necessary for survival and success in NYC”. I say, “You have to accept this city on its terms”. NYC may not be the place you for, no shame, move on and enjoy life.

Even though your situation will be much better this time, financially, all the negatives from your last stay will still be here. If you return for the wrong reasons those negatives will magnify. Can you fully acclimate and adapt this time?

Good luck in your decision.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: