Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 11:59 AM

67 posts, read 158,572 times

Advertisements

I narrowed it down to few hotels i may stay at because of price and location but was curious if anyone on here has herd anything about these or any advice on them. Good or bad. I am mostly wanted a good view and high floor and double bed. Also a inside pool and open roof if anyone can suggest any. I wont be in the room too much so it doesn't matter how fancy the room is since i will be mostly out in the city. These are from expedia. Let me know which are good. The less it cost, the better. Am going to book soon so please help.

Comfort Inn Central Park West

Hotel St. James

Edison Hotel

The Wellington Hotel

Amsterdam Court Hotel

The Manhattan at Times Square hotel. This one has a inside pool which i like but i didnt see double bed option and i need that.

Milford Plaza at Times Square

The Moderne

Hotel 41

The Jewel

Paramount Hotel

Manhattan Centre Hotel

Millennium Broadway Hotel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 12:51 PM

83 posts, read 343,187 times
Of these I've only stayed at Milford Plaza. It wasn't so hot; it could have been cleaner and the bed wasn't comfortable.

More recently I have stayed at the Doubletree Metropolitan and I like it a lot better.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:33 PM

Where is the Doubletree Metropolitan at doberman? Inside manhattan? if so, what street or area.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:35 PM

83 posts, read 343,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew82 View Post
Where is the Doubletree Metropolitan at doberman? Inside manhattan? if so, what street or area.
51st and Lex, in Midtown.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:11 PM

It doesnt have to be the ones i selected but those were a decent rate. If anyone else has suggestions let me know. Just a good rate i lookin for. Its going to be for Sept but going to book maybe monday or tuesday but will the priceline or expedia rate by high if i book for sept on a memorial day? Not sure if those sites will be good or not for booking since its a holiday

Old 05-29-2011, 07:36 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Tripadvisor.com is where I usually check for hotel reviews.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:25 PM

939 posts, read 3,385,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DobermanBoston View Post
51st and Lex, in Midtown.
That Doubletree is good, friends of mine have stayed there and liked it.

Ramada Eastside at 161 Lexington is also nice and they usually have competitive rates.

Some of the more economical hotels have shared bathrooms. So if this is a concern of yours I'd make sure that their rooms have private baths.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillager View Post
That Doubletree is good, friends of mine have stayed there and liked it.

Ramada Eastside at 161 Lexington is also nice and they usually have competitive rates.

Some of the more economical hotels have shared bathrooms. So if this is a concern of yours I'd make sure that their rooms have private baths.

How do you find out if the hotel has a private or shared bathroom? Looked at the manhattan hotel in times square on expedia but it doesn't say if its has private or shared.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:30 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,832,139 times
Well if you are willing to forgo the pool and high floor (you said yourself you will be out a lot so whybspend extra money on that stuff) I wouldsugfest the Jane hotel. You can get a room for like 150 with th private bathroom, less if you are willing to go with e shared bathroom. And its in a great location!

Old 05-30-2011, 02:36 PM

I have a question, The hotel check-in time is 3pm but the yankee game is at 1:30 pm that i will be attending. Can i check in the hotel after 3 or does it have to be at 3? Because the yankee game probably may go past 3pm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City