Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 08:37 AM

13 posts, read 53,363 times

Advertisements

Rumor has it that the venerable Lundy's in Brooklyn is being turned into an Outback Steak House? wtf?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 10:12 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,992 times
From people I know who grew up in Sheepshead Bay, the current Lundys was nowhere near the quality of the old one.

Add to that a changing demographic--the mostly Russian and Asian residents living there now new nothing about the old Lundys--and you have a restaurant on the way out!

Old 08-06-2007, 12:04 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,875,655 times
Sheepshead Bay isn't what it used to be, either. Although I hit the Roll'n Roaster whenever I'm in the area... or Brennan & Carr's.

Old 08-06-2007, 12:11 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baylovers View Post
Sheepshead Bay isn't what it used to be, either. Although I hit the Roll'n Roaster whenever I'm in the area... or Brennan & Carr's.
Still has Randazzo's....best chicken parmigana in New York!

Old 08-07-2007, 07:01 AM
col

131 posts, read 674,810 times
Default What a shame

Lundys wasn't as good so thats no surprise, but sheepshead bay hasn't been the same for years...no captain walters ( best burgers around) Its not the same old brooklyn anymore...I moved to Staten Island because of brooklyns changes, although I am intrigued with
the coney island renaissance...forget about Brighton beach I grew up near there in the 70's loved to walk down there for pizza or a knish and some comic books,
I grew up in warbasse. Oh well, can't go home again.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:58 PM

127 posts, read 521,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by col View Post
Lundys wasn't as good so thats no surprise, but sheepshead bay hasn't been the same for years...no captain walters ( best burgers around) Its not the same old brooklyn anymore...I moved to Staten Island because of brooklyns changes, although I am intrigued with
the coney island renaissance...forget about Brighton beach I grew up near there in the 70's loved to walk down there for pizza or a knish and some comic books,
I grew up in warbasse. Oh well, can't go home again.
Do you remember this great used book store on Brighton Beach Avenue? (I can't remember near which street; it was somewhere in the middle, though, but closer to Ocean Parkway, I think). So hard to find used book stores these days, anywhere...I guess rents are too high to make it even marginally profitable.

Mrs. Stahl's Knishes is gone. Yes, the name is still there, but aside from two or three knish varieties, the rest is pizza and stuff.

Old 08-11-2007, 06:52 AM
col

131 posts, read 674,810 times
Default Oh Man!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeventhBrady View Post
Do you remember this great used book store on Brighton Beach Avenue? (I can't remember near which street; it was somewhere in the middle, though, but closer to Ocean Parkway, I think). So hard to find used book stores these days, anywhere...I guess rents are too high to make it even marginally profitable.

Mrs. Stahl's Knishes is gone. Yes, the name is still there, but aside from two or three knish varieties, the rest is pizza and stuff.

I remember the used bookstore I would stay hours pouring there worn cardboard boxes of used comics (20 for $1.00) Roccos pizza, Mrs stahls, the brighton baths, the great falafels ( I forget the place) yeah that was all good!

Col

Old 06-26-2008, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,962 times
Wink it took me to move all the way to flordia from ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by efranco View Post
Rumor has it that the venerable Lundy's in Brooklyn is being turned into an Outback Steak House? wtf?
it took me to move all the way to flordia from ny to know that there were all these things with my name in it before i couldn't get any where all i got was lundy's lane our peoples last names. so what was lundy's anyways? was there food anygood?

Old 07-01-2008, 10:29 AM

3 posts, read 14,453 times
Speaking of Lundy's, I was too young while they were in business. Right now they have a hibatchi steak house, and even a new turkish restaurant, both very busy especially on weekends. Brighton beach is constantly in rotation, business's eventually close down due to low demand. Coney island is going to be a blast when they are done rebuilding, they have big plans, and housing development will get interesting, because they due have a poverty stricken neighborhood across the street as well...

Old 07-01-2008, 10:36 AM

2,731 posts, read 6,118,789 times
Lundy's was renovated and reopened so unless you're under, say, 10 years old - it's been open in your lifetime! But don't worry it was awful so you didn't miss anything. I'm glad this thread popped back up because I hadn't seen it and I loved that knish place. And I'm going to miss Brennan and Carr more than anything else in Brooklyn. I have a feeling I won't like Coney Island anymore after they "fix" it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City