Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2008, 12:47 PM

15 posts, read 68,615 times

Advertisements

Does anybody remember the name of the restaurant that was on the corner of Brookville and Francis Lewis (by the bridge that takes you to Laurelton)? I remember it had a sign in front of the restaurant that it served frog legs (there was a pizza place across the street from it)?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 08:10 PM

33 posts, read 197,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS138Girl View Post
Does anybody remember the name of the restaurant that was on the corner of Brookville and Francis Lewis (by the bridge that takes you to Laurelton)? I remember it had a sign in front of the restaurant that it served frog legs (there was a pizza place across the street from it)?
Was that McCabes Pub? and Columbias Corner acrossed the street?

Old 08-28-2008, 08:57 PM

15 posts, read 68,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryshap View Post
Was that McCabes Pub? and Columbias Corner acrossed the street?
jerryshap, Yes that is it! When you ate in the restaurant at Columbia Corner, they gave you really good bread with your meal.

Old 08-28-2008, 10:08 PM

42 posts, read 239,225 times
Does anybody remember the Italian Restaurant's name that was on the same block where the deli was on Francis Lewis Blvd right off of the sunrise I know across the street kind of caddy cornered was the funeral parlor and the german deli but there was a little Italian restaurant I think it was one or two doors down I think it was Rose's Deli on Francis Lewis Blvd was the corner store but one or two doors down there was an Italian Restaurant. Just wondering if any one knew. I used to always get their Baked Ziti Parmagiana. My memory is gone. Soon I will need videos of Rosedale. LOL

Is there anybody around from the other side of Brookville Park between Springfield Park?

Old 08-29-2008, 06:17 AM

3 posts, read 14,692 times
Deloe`s....was the Italian restaurant

Old 08-29-2008, 07:28 AM

22 posts, read 131,814 times
Default Restaurant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockndaddy View Post
Does anybody remember the Italian Restaurant's name that was on the same block where the deli was on Francis Lewis Blvd right off of the sunrise I know across the street kind of caddy cornered was the funeral parlor and the german deli but there was a little Italian restaurant I think it was one or two doors down I think it was Rose's Deli on Francis Lewis Blvd was the corner store but one or two doors down there was an Italian Restaurant. Just wondering if any one knew. I used to always get their Baked Ziti Parmagiana. My memory is gone. Soon I will need videos of Rosedale. LOL

Is there anybody around from the other side of Brookville Park between Springfield Park?
The Pizza place was Paola and the restaurant was Delios (spelling ?)

Old 08-29-2008, 07:40 AM

33 posts, read 197,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
Deloe`s....was the Italian restaurant
Deloes was a great restaurant to take a date when we were young. The Pizza King didn't like kids that much if you were under 18. Remember when the drinking age was 18? Fake draft cards and other fake ID's to be able to drink in the Bowling Ally and Long Island clubs.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:37 AM

3 posts, read 14,692 times
I think my first pitcher of beer was in Deloe`s......As long as you bought a meal...they did`nt care.....Good place for first dates at 16

Old 09-01-2008, 09:44 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,326,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS138Girl View Post
McCabes. It burned down.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:37 PM

42 posts, read 239,225 times
What about Ben @ Sol's? What a great frank you could get in their and delicous fries. Always would stop by on my way out and at least get a knish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City