Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 09:06 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxCambo193rd View Post
Jewish NYers were never anti black or anti minority, either right? All of that stuff in Crown Heights and Borough Park, is okay. Because theyre Jewish. I get it now.
Hell yeah jews are pretty cool people. Im surprised blacks and jews never team up herr in nyc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 10:07 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,921 times
Alright I'm sorry, Captain Specific. I didn't mean trustafarian. I'll grant you that. MY BAD.

So how do you know that an overwhelmingly large portion of these people are NOT trust funders?

Old 06-13-2011, 10:24 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,921 times
Jesus Christ dude, no I wasn't talking to you.

The OP stated that these are not your typical trust funders. I asked him a simple question. You proceeded to get all 'yuppie defender' on me...

Old 06-14-2011, 08:03 AM

8,868 posts, read 12,555,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxCambo193rd View Post
Jewish NYers were never anti black or anti minority, either right? All of that stuff in Crown Heights and Borough Park, is okay. Because theyre Jewish. I get it now.

some jews were antiblack yes. Thats why we Jews should not demonize any other groups as groups, either WASPs, Irish, or anyone else. That was my point.

I wont respond to specifics of Crown heights or boro park, cause I am not sure what incidents you are referring to. THe Boro Park I grew up in, in the 1970s, had quite a few hispanic families, and a couple of black families (there were two black kids in my class who were from the neighborhood, IIRC). It wasnt like the UWS or anything (parents were very concerned about busing plans - this was back when Jews in Boro Park still used the public schools), but AFAIK there were no racial incidents.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Alright I'm sorry, Captain Specific. I didn't mean trustafarian. I'll grant you that. MY BAD.

So how do you know that an overwhelmingly large portion of these people are NOT trust funders?
I dont know for certain, but its not my impression that most of the trading or Ibank professionals at any give Ibank rely on trust funds. Even those who have trust funds, also have a source of income that can enable them to pay the rest absent the trust fund if they have the kinds of jobs under discussion - I assume that an Ibanker who ALSO has a trust fund, either keeps that money in reserve for future generations, or uses it for special treats, like exotic vacations.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Hell yeah jews are pretty cool people. Im surprised blacks and jews never team up herr in nyc.
ADL Honors Percy Sutton for Lifetime Contributions to Black-Jewish Relations

Jewish-Haitian Relations Reaching New Level | The Jewish Week

INTERGROUP/CAUSE-NY

Morning of Bridge Building (http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/good_day_ny/morning-of-bridge-building-20110414 - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City