Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 08:30 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,996,805 times

Advertisements

If he can't keep fidelity in his most inimate relationship -with his wife- how is he going to have fidelity to the people he represents? A scumbag in his personal relationships is a massive dirtbag in his professional relationships. If you can't be loyal to your wife you can't be loyal to anyone else. The same duplicty he wields on his wife will be used in his role as a politician.

If he is overwhelmed by passions of lust he is also likely overwhelmed with greed. If he is willing to sell out his wife with a two bit waitressr how will he sell out the people he represents? The moral compass says this guy is a scoundrel. If this sort of behavior is acceptable then we might as well dail the clock back thousands of years when this sort of backwater morality was acceptable in the failed pagan era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
alright so what did Weiner do that was so horiffic???

show his penis???, send a few pictures of his body?? wow, big deal......

It is our media that makes big deals out of this crap......
If the media didnt get a hold of it, none of us would have known, and personally i couldnt give a rats ass.

I do hope however he DOES NOT resign and let him do whatever his job is. For a laugh, Obama says if it was him, he would resign.

Well Obama, your doing a pretty ****ty job yoursefl, so maybe you should......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 09:40 AM

1,775 posts, read 3,785,046 times
I think Weiner's political career is over. When Obama starts suggesting he resign, I think it just went downhill BIG TIME for him right there..

And unlike Spitzer, Weiner's unwillingness to resign is due to financial factors. The Spitz is from a very wealhy family. He is a total attention ***** and egomaniacal monster. He could retire today and never work again and still be loaded.

That's what makes Weiner such a pathetic amateur, playing the bigboys game. He went after average teenagers and college kids. The Spitz went after pros and if he hadn't been so sloppy he would have never gotten caught. Weiner took pics of his unit and sent it over via Twitter. Total idiot and clown.

Weiner's been in politics since he was 27. No real job. But these are not poorly-paid positions. They're political-hack jobs. Cushy. No work, etc.

If he doesn't have money, where'd it all go between 27 and 46??

He doesn't have school debt. Every politician is corrupt so he *should* have something, right?That's approx. 20 years of Easy-Street jobs.

No money?? Wtf?

Old 06-14-2011, 01:27 PM

588 posts, read 947,661 times
lol He needs to go away asap.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:33 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
they all suck, why is he any different.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:56 PM

961 posts, read 2,464,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
If he can't keep fidelity in his most inimate relationship -with his wife- how is he going to have fidelity to the people he represents? A scumbag in his personal relationships is a massive dirtbag in his professional relationships. If you can't be loyal to your wife you can't be loyal to anyone else. The same duplicty he wields on his wife will be used in his role as a politician.

If he is overwhelmed by passions of lust he is also likely overwhelmed with greed. If he is willing to sell out his wife with a two bit waitressr how will he sell out the people he represents? The moral compass says this guy is a scoundrel. If this sort of behavior is acceptable then we might as well dail the clock back thousands of years when this sort of backwater morality was acceptable in the failed pagan era.
Lets not be naive, need we run down the list of politicians who cheated on their wives but still did a decent job? FDR cheated on Elanor Roosevelt, whom I respect dearly, however he is easily one of the greatest presidents, easily top 5. Who else? Thomas Jefferson and his slave Sally Hemmings. Clinton was still able to do his job well, in spite of recieving a "job" from someone other than his wife....I'm not condoning what he did or even saying that he'll come back into the political arena. I'm just saying that infidelity is a weak argument. That is a sad truth.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:06 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
alright so what did Weiner do that was so horiffic???

show his penis???, send a few pictures of his body?? wow, big deal......

It is our media that makes big deals out of this crap......
If the media didnt get a hold of it, none of us would have known, and personally i couldnt give a rats ass.

I do hope however he DOES NOT resign and let him do whatever his job is. For a laugh, Obama says if it was him, he would resign.

Well Obama, your doing a pretty ****ty job yoursefl, so maybe you should......
It shows extremely poor judgement to say the least. Plus think about it, this city, this state, this country is going through a tough time and your appointed leader has time to take c**k pics and try to hookup online.

I think Weiner can still salvage his political career though if he resigns and comes back a few years later...

Old 06-14-2011, 11:47 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Philandering and politics have a long history. I'm going to have to fall down on the side of "most of them do it or have done it, but only a handful of them get caught". Doesn't make it right of course, but I don't see the straightforward connection between infidelity and politcal success or failure either. It's not that simple. Wiener was/is a well-liked congressman despite his carrying on behind the scenes.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:48 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
You'd think a politician running for office might be a little more discreet (which comment ought to put me in contention for Understatement of the Year). What it all comes down to is this: Weiner is a fool. And now his foolishness is costing him, bigtime.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:37 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
I have to wonder how the media gets all these "private" correspondences. Was he set up with the singular goal of costing him his seat? Is there a level of entrapment here?

Was the sole purpose of these women to get and REPORT dirt?

The slow dribble-dribble of these reports over a couple weeks seems somewhat orchestrated.

Aside:
Is every e-mail that I sent viewable by the media if they so choose? Or must the recipient bring them forward to Fox News, NY Times etc.? What would be the motive of such a recipient? Money?
Obviously there must be SOMETHING in it for the recipients other than exposing themselves as filthy mouthed skanks?

Something deeper going on here. Something that stinks a bit more than gray underwear.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:17 PM

961 posts, read 2,464,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I have to wonder how the media gets all these "private" correspondences. Was he set up with the singular goal of costing him his seat? Is there a level of entrapment here?

Was the sole purpose of these women to get and REPORT dirt?

The slow dribble-dribble of these reports over a couple weeks seems somewhat orchestrated.

Aside:
Is every e-mail that I sent viewable by the media if they so choose? Or must the recipient bring them forward to Fox News, NY Times etc.? What would be the motive of such a recipient? Money?
Obviously there must be SOMETHING in it for the recipients other than exposing themselves as filthy mouthed skanks?

Something deeper going on here. Something that stinks a bit more than gray underwear.

I think they just want to be heard, they don't care what the reprecussions are, thats like "superhead" writing a book, no one knew who she was until she exposed herself as a skeez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City