Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 12:48 PM

684 posts, read 1,819,282 times

Advertisements

Honestly NO !

As much as the cost of living sucks..I wouldnt want to be anywhere else. Atl is cool...and I like that i have some cousins that have moved from NYC there so I can chill with them a bit...but I couldn't live there. Maybe as I get older that'll change..but I LOVE NYC. And would much rather live here..than anywhere else
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 12:51 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,497,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKid84NYC View Post
Honestly NO !

As much as the cost of living sucks..I wouldnt want to be anywhere else. Atl is cool...and I like that i have some cousins that have moved from NYC there so I can chill with them a bit...but I couldn't live there. Maybe as I get older that'll change..but I LOVE NYC. And would much rather live here..than anywhere else
I used to feel that way when I was younger.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:01 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,621,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
I sure do. Every single day. I just hope it becomes a reality soon. Hope to go out west real soon.

you beat me to it, this is a dream of mine every day for the last 5 years.

I want to go to Palm Springs and live in the desert. I love heat and dryness.........I have been there before and realized, this is the place for me

Dear Lord,...................................

Old 06-14-2011, 01:02 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,356,380 times
Quote:
Honestly NO !

To be honest what I see are not people who love NYC. It is people who are in love with a certain part of NYC. The glitz and glamour side. They love being in NYC and dreaming about living in the penthouse suite or working in an exec suite on the 60th floor overlooking midtown. They love the thought of having enough cash to go to the best clubs and drop 15k a night. They dream about going to the best restaurants 4-5 times a week and spending $500 on dinner.
We all have those thoughts. It's only natural.

However, 95% of people in NYC cannot do that and will never be able to.

If I was a multimillionaire, would I enjoy NYC more? Heck yes. I'm not though so NYC doesn't offer as much as it appears to offer and the cons are that much more apparent.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:03 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,497,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
you beat me to it, this is a dream of mine every day for the last 5 years.

I want to go to Palm Springs and live in the desert. I love heat and dryness.........I have been there before and realized, this is the place for me

Dear Lord,...................................
I hear you!!

Old 06-14-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
I used to feel that way when I was younger.

LOL, we all did...........I have been there, done that.........when NYC had all the mega dance clubs, danced till the cows came home, sun bathed on the abandoned piers on the West side, shopped at Orchard street when you really could get a bargin. Macys after work at herald. Starbucks (dance club) on 45th after work also......

Watched the west side highway collapse.....see the desolate west side build up.........

over it, i want out !

Old 06-14-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
To be honest what I see are not people who love NYC. It is people who are in love with a certain part of NYC. The glitz and glamour side. They love being in NYC and dreaming about living in the penthouse suite or working in an exec suite on the 60th floor overlooking midtown. They love the thought of having enough cash to go to the best clubs and drop 15k a night. They dream about going to the best restaurants 4-5 times a week and spending $500 on dinner.

If I was a multimillionaire, would I enjoy NYC more? Heck yes. I'm not though so NYC doesn't offer as much as it appears to offer and the cons are that much more apparent.
I wish I knew who you knew lol. That part of NYC is so far away from me its unreal..I hope to one day put my self in a position to be able to do some of those things...but all of what you said sounds like whoever you've been around or have spoken to have been watching too many MOVIES !

It amazes me how many people feel as tho they cant enjoy NYC unless they were a multimillionaire...but hey to each is own...

Old 06-14-2011, 01:19 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,356,380 times
Quote:
I wish I knew who you knew lol. That part of NYC is so far away from me its unreal..I hope to one day put my self in a position to be able to do some of those things...but all of what you said sounds like whoever you've been around or have spoken to have been watching too many MOVIES !

It amazes me how many people feel as tho they cant enjoy NYC unless they were a multimillionaire...but hey to each is own...

There it is.

You should be amazed by how you feel then.

Of course you cna enjoy NYC without being wealthy. You can also enjoy Topeka, Kansas without being wealthy as well. Your level of enjoyment wouldn't be that much different apart from the high taxes, high COL, bad weather, overpopulation, neurotic people, and rat race culture on the NYC end.

On the other hand, with wealth, you can enjoy NYC a hell of a lot more than you could ever enjoy Topeka with the same money. That's where the difference lies.

If you make it to heaven and you're assigned to clean up the other heaven dweller's ****, are you really in heaven?

Old 06-14-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:

***sigh, now that you just burst my bubble I will have to jump off the Gowanus Expressway*****

Old 06-14-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
There it is.

You should be amazed by how you feel then.

Of course you cna enjoy NYC without being wealthy. You can also enjoy Topeka, Kansas without being wealthy as well. Your level of enjoyment wouldn't be that much different apart from the high taxes, high COL, bad weather, overpopulation, neurotic people, and rat race culture on the NYC end.

On the other hand, with wealth, you can enjoy NYC a hell of a lot more than you could ever enjoy Topeka with the same money. That's where the difference lies.

If you make it to heaven and you're assigned to clean up the other heaven dweller's ****, are you really in heaven?
And thats where those who don't mind living and NYC and those who want to get out differ. I dont mind the weather..love that we have all seasons..even though I cant stand the heat. The people..the rat race culture etc..is part of what I love most about the city. Which one of the MANY reasons why you would NEVER catch me living in Topeka, Kansas !! LOL !

It all depends on whats high on your list..as far as what you can and cannot live without. Some people cant stand the hustle n bustle of the city..some of us love it. Most of the things that people cant stand nor tolerate about living in NYC..I truly dont have an issue with. The good, bad and ugly..this is my city and I truly love it. But I know and understand..there are many that dont feel the same
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City