Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 11:04 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,587,137 times

Advertisements

Her name is "Hermon"? Bwaha!, I feel sorry enough for her already.

Another snotty self-entitled beeotch you pray never breeds, but you know damn sure will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 11:19 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
Let’s take it from her side. She’s having a conversation on the train, possibly too loudly, but that doesn’t make her unique at all. Then the conductor comes by to chastise her, as opposed to chastising everyone else who does the same on the train everyday, and says the justification for her interference is that the young woman was using profanity. Let’s just say that this woman may be many things but having a potty mouth is not one of them. Perhaps the conductor misheard, perhaps the woman was speaking in Hindi, whatever. All Hermon is doing is (loudly and obnoxiously, granted) upholding her dignity as a non-cussing individual. You can tell that in her family using profanity is a big no-no, educated people do not use such language, and by accusing her of such is the same as saying she is uneducated and a bad-sort-of-person. She just doesn’t know how to cope with such a personal accusation – to her this isn’t a comment about her behaviour but a statement about her, herself. I’d like to hear from any of the witnesses on the train that she was anything other than loud, that she actually used profanity. Other than that, I hope she capitalizes on your extreme interest in her by getting an agent and going on the next season of The Apprentice.
Quote:
The thing I found ridiculous was the conductor making a big issue for her cussing on her cellphone. Was she really cussing loudly on the train? You can even hear the other passengers criticizing the conductor on the interent video. Maybe the conductor saw someone who she thought she could bully with her position and power. The conductor called an officer as the train was in transit, so that at the next stop the officer could board the train. I have seen countless internet videos,where folks have made bigger commotions and even fought on the train, yet conductors and police fail to show up. That being said, she came off like a stuck up snob/brat. The reality is that I met many like her in this city, so why is she so unique? From her attitude, you can infer her friends probably have the same mentality of entitlement. Welcome to the new yuppie generation!
Do you ride the Commuter Trains often? I guess not , this is a common issue with ppl being rude and causing issues , so the Conductor was in the right. Because i'm sure if someone would have asked her to stop a fight would erupt....

Old 06-19-2011, 02:31 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,305,963 times
I hope this follows her for a long time as well, it serves her right. That degree in her hands is as good as toilet paper, her type should always be avoided.

There are some good conductors out there, and it sucks when they have to put up with some difficult customers on the trains.

Old 06-19-2011, 05:29 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,545,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Do you ride the Commuter Trains often? I guess not , this is a common issue with ppl being rude and causing issues , so the Conductor was in the right. Because i'm sure if someone would have asked her to stop a fight would erupt....

She was on the phone cussing....what;s the issue? This is NYC! I have seen far worse. The funny thing is folks are saying to punish her the rest of life but don;t mention a word regarding a fight over spaghetti! LOL. I think we all (including yourself) are rushing to judgement based on small clip that shows what perspired after the initial arguement. Her action is inexcusabe but what if the conductor made a big stink over nothing, then I see nothing wrong with ehr reaction. Hell, I would;ve said worse!

Old 06-19-2011, 05:49 AM

Quote:
She was on the phone cussing....what;s the issue? This is NYC! I have seen far worse. The funny thing is folks are saying to punish her the rest of life but don;t mention a word regarding a fight over spaghetti! LOL. I think we all (including yourself) are rushing to judgement based on small clip that shows what perspired after the initial arguement. Her action is inexcusabe but what if the conductor made a big stink over nothing, then I see nothing wrong with ehr reaction. Hell, I would;ve said worse!
That was Metro North which is a commuter train not a subway , ppl probably complained to the Conductor and then she asked the girl nicely to stop. You obviously don't use the Regional Rail system , this happens all the time and ppl are getting fed up with it. She was a stuck up brat that need to be kicked off the train , wait intill the Quiet cars come to the MNRR , then cases like these with become more and more.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
That was Metro North which is a commuter train not a subway , ppl probably complained to the Conductor and then she asked the girl nicely to stop. You obviously don't use the Regional Rail system , this happens all the time and ppl are getting fed up with it. She was a stuck up brat that need to be kicked off the train , wait intill the Quiet cars come to the MNRR , then cases like these with become more and more.

Again I stand by my statement! Subway or commuter train whats the difference? You see a video of a conductor asking someone but have no clue as to what really transpired and what started the fight? So you think its okay for subways to have loud and obnoxious ppl but not commuter lines? Talk about being snobby and entitled lol!

Old 06-19-2011, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Again I stand by my statement! Subway or commuter train whats the difference? You see a video of a conductor asking someone but have no clue as to what really transpired and what started the fight? So you think its okay for subways to have loud and obnoxious ppl but not commuter lines? Talk about being snobby and entitled lol!
Theres a very big difference , ppl on commuter trains pay more and expect quiet or normal tones...... Subways are different , ppl pay less.......and are squeezed together....and loudness is expected.... Its not okay for both , but on commuter trains its less tolerated and ppl complained to the Conductor and she confronted the issue. I sugguest you ride a commuter train to get a sense how ppl act on it , ive seen Conductors throw ppl off for loud music , after ppl complained or cursing if the person doesn't stop.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Theres a very big difference , ppl on commuter trains pay more and expect quiet or normal tones...... Subways are different , ppl pay less.......and are squeezed together....and loudness is expected.... Its not okay for both , but on commuter trains its less tolerated and ppl complained to the Conductor and she confronted the issue. I sugguest you ride a commuter train to get a sense how ppl act on it , ive seen Conductors throw ppl off for loud music , after ppl complained or cursing if the person doesn't stop.

So because folks pay more, they entitled to better treatment? Sounds elitist! I ride on a subway and expect the same treatment! BTW how do you know ppl complained?

Old 06-19-2011, 07:22 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
Always a dumb person like that every time on Metro North or LIRR. Yapping it up loud on their cell phones talking about the most asinine things.

The worst thing is on Friday's when all the B&T crowd the trains into the city. Terrible. It's like people up the ante on trashyness because they are going into the city.

Education, LMAO! Education has nothing to do with it, you could be the most educated person with several advanced degrees and still lack grace and etiquette.

Last edited by NooYowkur81; 06-19-2011 at 07:34 AM..

Old 06-19-2011, 07:25 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times
Quote:
Listen if the other passengers are muttering negative stuff about the conductor on the same train, what does that tell you?
Also, I have lived in NYC for many yrs and I have never seen a conductor scold someone for cussing on a cellphone. I have seen folks cuss in front of conductors and there was no reaction. The conductor was power tripping in this video, plain and simple.
Actually the conductor was well within her authority to do that. It's just most choose to ignore it or don't want to deal with it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City