Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2011, 07:13 AM

2 posts, read 10,224 times

Advertisements

Anyone know a cheap car service from New York Upper East Side to Chappaqua during weekday this coming week?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2011, 07:20 AM

2 posts, read 10,224 times
Can somebody help this person?

Old 06-23-2011, 09:58 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,292,446 times
I don't know about a car service but I know the Metro-North stops in Chappaqua.

MNR Stations

Old 06-23-2011, 10:11 AM

2,848 posts, read 7,579,893 times
If you use Metro North, here is the link to the schedules: MNR Schedules

For cheap cars, I would recommend zipcar if you are gone just for a few hours.

Private car service might be expensive. This service advertises all the time on TV: New York City Car & Limousine Service | Manhattan, Brooklyn, NJ & NYC Limo & Car Services. But I can't vouch for them since I've never used them. Here are their rates:
New York Airport Limousine & Car Service | NJ & NY Airport Car Service

I often go by yelp reviews for services: Car service New York

Old 06-24-2011, 12:23 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,397,852 times
To Chappaqua from Manhattan, I would count on $100-$150 +tip for a car, not luxury, limo, or SUV. Many reputable car services are competitively priced, so you may not find one that's too much of a discount, especially to an area like Chappaqua where they are not likely to have a return trip, and price accordingly. To the airport, the rates are much lower because of the volume of business, likewise operating in the city keeps the cost lower to individual passengers because of the ease of getting to the next passenger.

The least expensive option, provided you would not be carrying large packages, or have multiple passengers, would be MNRR, and then a local cab to your destination.

Regarding ZipCar, you have to be a member to rent a car, and pay the membership fees/be accepted by their insurance carrier, after a review of your driving record, etc. It is a great service, but not a traditional car rental service, as it's a membership-based car sharing service where members pay to use the car during a specified period of time. I just wanted to clarify for anyone who might read the thread, that they need to plan to join ZipCar in advance of their first use.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 06-24-2011, 06:54 AM

2,848 posts, read 7,579,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Regarding ZipCar, you have to be a member to rent a car, and pay the membership fees/be accepted by their insurance carrier, after a review of your driving record, etc. It is a great service, but not a traditional car rental service, as it's a membership-based car sharing service where members pay to use the car during a specified period of time. I just wanted to clarify for anyone who might read the thread, that they need to plan to join ZipCar in advance of their first use.
When I signed up for Zipcar, it only took 48 hours to be approved. I also only pay $20 a year for the membership. So for renting a car for a short period of time, I personally think it's a really great deal. Even if the year goes by and I don't use it, it costs me less than $2 a month for the option. I recommend it as a great option for people who think they might need an hourly car rental at some point in time (trip to beach, shopping outside NYC, hiking trip, etc is what I commonly use it for). The one limitation is the mileage cap - however, for short trips into Westchester or other suburbs, that is not an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: