Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 02:50 PM

70 posts, read 295,735 times

Advertisements

I haven't had use of my internet nor am I able to download pics sent via text messages. Sprint claims a tower is down and they are working to fix this. This started on Wed and today is Friday and nothings changed.

Anyone else is having these issues?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 03:04 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniabeatle01 View Post
I haven't had use of my internet nor am I able to download pics sent via text messages. Sprint claims a tower is down and they are working to fix this. This started on Wed and today is Friday and nothings changed.

Anyone else is having these issues?
Sometimes sprint towers have power flunctuation issues. Yesterday I had to roam data off of Verizon towers off my evo 4g. A month ago my phone was not getting no data. I ran in app speed test and that sucker would not budge.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:00 PM

988 posts, read 3,253,984 times
I've been here for over 2 years and sprint has gotten progressively worse everyday. From dropped calls, to slow data, text messages come through a day later, everything.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:03 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latikeriii View Post
I've been here for over 2 years and sprint has gotten progressively worse everyday. From dropped calls, to slow data, text messages come through a day later, everything.
This is because more and more people are jumping off of Verizon and ATT and heading over to Sprint. I hope Sprint can handle the volume of subscribers on there networks. I couple of months ago it was reported that sprint added 1.1million customers nationwide.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:43 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,466,626 times
I had Sprint years ago and dropped them because they sucked. I got absolutely NO reception whatsoever --- it would take at least 5 or 6 times to even attempt to complete a call. When my contract was up, I dropped them and went over to Verizon. I've had no problems ever since.

I wouldn't recommend Sprint to anyone!

Oh, and their "tower" story --- funny, they're still using that 6 years later!

Old 06-24-2011, 10:26 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,511,840 times
Odd, I've never had an issue. I get good 4G speeds with my Evo most places and I can think of maybe two or three times in the last six months that I had a call get dropped. I've had the roaming icon pop up from time to time, but it was when I was up in the woods deep into Westchester.

I've been tethering my Nook Color to my Evo with 4G on and it's like surfing over WiFi.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:17 PM

Location: Port Richmond, Staten Island, New York City, New York, 10302
317 posts, read 960,624 times
I saw a few people on Facebook complaining about Sprint either yesterday or the night before. I have T-Mobile though so I don't know exactly what their issues were. Somebody did ask if anyone else was having problems with Sprint though.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:35 PM

41 posts, read 115,694 times
Sprint sucks big time. have them for 5 yrs before switching to tmobile. i live in the bronx and there were times when i couldnt make call when i'm in the bronx, but when i go to manhathan my phone works just fine. This happened several time. too many dropped calls also. I could go on.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:41 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
WTH happened to T-mobile today... sorry to change the subject but T-mobile is usually pretty safe in terms of not having bad service at least in NYC...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City