Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 01:46 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91939 View Post
This alone is good enough for me to never want children. Forced relationships are something I am trying to eliminate from my life.
Forced relationships...red flag (setting yourself up for buyers remorse).

dating someone with children...another red flag (and a big mistake).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2011, 02:15 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
Forced relationships...red flag (setting yourself up for buyers remorse).

dating someone with children...another red flag (and a big mistake).
Forced relationships happens to thousands of asian and middle eastern couples in the city. Dating someone with children is not good either but what I find intresting is thatmillions of nyers date people who has kids from previous relationships.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:58 AM

223 posts, read 166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
women and drama...both mutually analogous regardless of location!

I'd like to see some of those pics too, i'm sure they're a good laugh lol.
You want to see the pics? Those are my pics of plain looking NYC female idiots over 50 who think they are too good for the average man.

Please email me if you want to see the pics.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:59 AM

223 posts, read 166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klato View Post
A girl will go after a guy that is a bad boy, thug, potential cheater, etc for the drama and the excitement. A nice or predictable guy is not appealing to a girl since this will not produce the "necessary" drama that she needs in her life. As a man, i produce my happiness from within. A woman can compliment my happiness but never be the source of it.

Please post the pics! You can blur the faces
You want to see the pics? Those are my pics of plain looking NYC female idiots over 50 who think they are too good for the average man.

Old 07-12-2011, 01:33 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobThe View Post

They were real ugly, but I guess some of these women also have ugly hearts too for expecting to much and perfection. something that YOu would usually find in pretty uptight women.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:10 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
Granted I've only been here for two months, but it seems like the only guys who have girlfriends/wives/get laid are ones with really really good jobs or hipster artsy druggies. What do you guys think?

I have a weird job that barely pays 2-3 times the rent and I don't do any drugs/am not that artsy. Am I screwed unless I go to law school or join a band and start doing heroin?
Sounds like you hang out with the kids too much, or maybe in the wrong areas that aren't really suited to the kind of guy you are. Why bother hanging out at a place like Union Pool if you ain't a hipster? (For instance) Those chicks won't think you're cool if you walk in there wearing a suit/tie or a sports team jersey.

PS: forget law school.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:25 PM

91 posts, read 164,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klato View Post
A girl will go after a guy that is a bad boy, thug, potential cheater, etc for the drama and the excitement. A nice or predictable guy is not appealing to a girl since this will not produce the "necessary" drama that she needs in her life. As a man, i produce my happiness from within. A woman can compliment my happiness but never be the source of it.

Please post the pics! You can blur the faces
And then be pissed when the bad boy does some bad stuff. I think woman think they can take the bad boy and turn him around.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:28 PM

91 posts, read 164,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalDiva View Post
Yes, I get that in my life too! I am married and have NO desire for kids. Some of my married friends with kids think I am joking when I say that. Their response is, "oh you are only in your mid 30s, in a few years and by the time you are 40, you will change your mind, blah blah".

I hate kids. I know that shocks most people but my husband and I are well settled in our jobs and careers, we make a great combined income and live a decent middle class lifestyle but simply have no desire to be parents. I have ZERO maternal instincts and know how difficult it is to be a new parent (the money needed, the sleepless nights of crying infants, the need to always be watching toddlers for those first 3-5 years, the pressure to educate them and monitor their school work, etc). I simply have no desire to do it, and my husband and I enjoy using our free time and money to dote on OTHER people's kids and take nice vacations at the drop of a hat.

Have you guys read this article about how most Americans are choosing to be child-free?

The No-Baby Boom: Critical Eye : Details
I have found that I enjoy being an uncle but have no desire to be a dad. I enjoy my free time.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
the rest of your post was great except for this part.

OP, please don't hit on girls at the gym, most of them are there strictly to work out and you could potentially get in trouble. i have a friend that works at a gym and she has told me first hand that girls have actually complained to mgmt about guys that have bothered them at the gym.

rest of the advice in the post was good tho
Yeah +1. Guys should be a little careful with this...first of all because these are people you're probably going to see again (if they go to your gym, obviously), but if you're a regular gym-goer there's no doubt the occasional other regular gym goer you find "interesting". Best bet there is just to play it cool and see if you can finagle a way to get on friendly terms with them while absolutely not appearing to be hitting on them. She'll hit on you if she interested and comfortable enough to chat in passing.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical95 View Post
Yes, you are living in one of the most expensive major cities in the world, and where Wall St is located, so there are tons of wealthy people around...so obviously most of the women are going to be high maintenance and have unrealistic expectations.....and that is why, as wawaweewa stated half of the women in NYC are 35, unmarried with no kids bc their expectations are too high.

They don't want the young person with the 60K job barely getting by, they want the high rollers....

They need to snap back to reality....
$60k is a little better than "barely getting by" if you're playing your cards right. That's more than most people who I knew made.

That said, I agree with your other point...it's a real phenomenon in New York or places similar. In less competitive and glamorous metro areas, a $60k/yr job and a decently chiseled gym body will get you at least a brief audience with almost any single gal your age, unless you're trying to bat way out of your league, which unfortunately is life sometimes. In most places women just don't see or have firsthand exposure to the gratuitously wealthy or powerful guys, so it's an "out of sight out of mind" frame of reference type thing, and normal guys seem fine. It takes a more emotionally mature and self-aware woman to know where the happy place really is when it comes to men. Youth has it's exuberance and it's folly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City