Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 06:21 PM

961 posts, read 2,464,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
As a woman, i couldn't agree more.

On another note, I always snicker when people suggest that men "have their pick" in NYC because they're outnumbered. You only have your pick if women are interested in you.

Touche madame, touche....however one has chosen me..hehe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 06:42 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,677,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twist07 View Post
Touche madame, touche....however one has chosen me..hehe
Oh, I didn't mean it toward you personally, I just hear that phrase a lot. But congrats!

Old 07-07-2011, 07:22 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
It is difficult to find a mate, sometimes it can be for various reasons, like life style, culture economics education or even changes in biology and desires. Im a single 28 year old male and a nyc native. People are surprised im not a father at my age. Im just trying to build myself up before I take a serious plunge into a relationship. I live in the hood in of the south bronx and even women here are not into me cause I dont have the hood mindset and I reject what I grrw up with. My luck with women improves when crossing the cities boundaries. also women in nyc wether transplant or native expect alot from a guy. Funny and witty, cute, white smile straight teeth. Good credit score investsments from banks to selling drugs on the street. Native nyc womem have alot of baggage and they are damaged goods imo. I knew one girl who has three kids for two different men and is in another relationship. My mom and sis scolded me for trying dating a girl with a kid from another relationship, all I wanted to do was to F her. Also transplant women tend to go for tranaplant guys and rarely with locals. I like transplant chicks but they get too jaded here in nyc. Word of advice. If herpes dont getcha, then child support will. Welcome to sex and dating in nyc. I would oerfer to leave city for better dating options. But if your looking for a fling or two nyc is the place for it. Remember use a condom you dont want an std or a child support knocking at your door.
Your Mom and Sister need to be commended for that, you should take them out for dinner or something because you might have been playing "tag your it" in child support payments if you f'd her.

I'm in the same boat as you, pretty similar age/background/education.

I used to find it difficult to find women, but the older I get it just gets easier and easier, the thing is women from the northeast just don't really cut it imo. Depending on the circles you hang in, you will come across jaded depressed women, who are finding things aren't as easy for them as it was in their early/mid 20's. Alot of the girls who ran through all of your friends/neighborhood try to snag you/settle down with you because of where your headed...just stay away.

People tend to say the same thing to me and a few of my friends, "hey how come you guys don't have kids?" hey maybe we're trying to build wealth and have some experiences outside of the tri state area.

I think it really just comes down to the circles and where you find women at, too many threads like this...too many guys with a case of oneitis. If your under 25 (or 30) for that matter, don't get into a serious relationship! that should be common sense, and allways strap up!

Old 07-07-2011, 09:35 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
Your Mom and Sister need to be commended for that, you should take them out for dinner or something because you might have been playing "tag your it" in child support payments if you f'd her.

I'm in the same boat as you, pretty similar age/background/education.

I used to find it difficult to find women, but the older I get it just gets easier and easier, the thing is women from the northeast just don't really cut it imo. Depending on the circles you hang in, you will come across jaded depressed women, who are finding things aren't as easy for them as it was in their early/mid 20's. Alot of the girls who ran through all of your friends/neighborhood try to snag you/settle down with you because of where your headed...just stay away.

People tend to say the same thing to me and a few of my friends, "hey how come you guys don't have kids?" hey maybe we're trying to build wealth and have some experiences outside of the tri state area.

I think it really just comes down to the circles and where you find women at, too many threads like this...too many guys with a case of oneitis. If your under 25 (or 30) for that matter, don't get into a serious relationship! that should be common sense, and allways strap up!
It also comes down to the same women lowering their standards the older that they get. They realize that time is ticking and unlike for men, women become less attractive as a whole package with time (not only in the physical sense).

Old 07-08-2011, 12:03 AM

14 posts, read 34,294 times
Quote:
Also, it's not everyone's goal to have kids. Damn near everyone I've met in recent history have been trying to push that "you need to one day get married and have kids" propaganda on me. What they don't understand is that children aren't for everyone.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:07 AM

110 posts, read 222,147 times
Hey Simon22, just live your life in the best possible way, if you are 'looking for a mate' it won't happen, if you live your life by the values you've been raised with and aspire to be the best 'you' possible the chances are that you will get what you want out of life. Hobbies, interests, goals, ambitions, friends, family etc make you a more attractive option than someone who is hung up on 'looking for a mate'. Before you know you'll have been too focused on the joy of raising a family for the past 20 years to even contemplate such questions. But while you're figuring this out take care of yourself and those loved ones around you, remember that 'a confident person is an attractive person', for some, it's just an act.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
Oh, I didn't mean it toward you personally, I just hear that phrase a lot. But congrats!

Even if it was at me, you still made a valid point. I find pickiness(selectiveness) in a woman to be a virtue, especially in regards to a relationship. It shows she is calculated and has enough self esteem not to let lonliness be a determining factor. I find many girls here to have that quality.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:25 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twist07 View Post
Even if it was at me, you still made a valid point. I find pickiness(selectiveness) in a woman to be a virtue, especially in regards to a relationship. It shows she is calculated and has enough self esteem not to let lonliness be a determining factor. I find many girls here to have that quality.
I agree, to me its a work of art how women here in nyc select thier mates and yes its well calculated until the next guy comes along.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:

I get that question alot, like people always ask why me and my girl don't have kids yet? I always give the same answer, it takes money and we want to pursue our careers. Then they ask why don't we get married? And I have to give the same answer again....And its always hoodrats and unambitious people asking this because they do things with no plan.

But its not just regional, its everywhere I find people with this mentality. And I find it funny that some people would ask why don't you have kids before, "when are you getting married?" or "When will you guys finish school?" People got their priorities mixed up.

So yeah, its about the circles you run with, and I definately advise against a guy under 25 to get serious, there's alot more growing to do mentaly.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I agree, to me its a work of art how women here in nyc select thier mates and yes its well calculated until the next guy comes along.
LOL, true, even the most confident women at times has that one guy that messes them up, they beat themselves up for it, and make you pay the price for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City