Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 01:46 AM

34,082 posts, read 47,278,015 times

Advertisements

Hard to meet women? Go out to clubs and bars.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 03:48 AM

916 posts, read 2,246,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
I completely disagree with you. I'm not saying to start hounding girls at the gym, but you can usually tell when a girl is open to talking. For example, if your stretching next to her on the mats and make eye contact, smile and say something harmless. More times than not they will say something back and you can spring up a conversation. Or if your both squatting in squat racks next to each other ask her in-between a set if she plays a sport. Easy as that. Obviously if a girl has headphones on and seems super-intense you don't want to bother her. Its not rocket science. A smile and harmless comment goes a long way. I think where most guys screw up is that they make it seem like they are hitting on the girl. Not a good idea. You want to strike up a harmless conversation and make her feel comfortable and go from there.
I just tried your advise Doc! I went over to this beautiful girl at the
gym and keep smiling at her today, and stare at her like she is a piece
of juicy meat. And then I got really close to her and said you got Nice
Buns Woman! I'll like to hit that like Mike Tyson in his prime. But then she
screamed out loud for help for some reason...... Anyway, I'm changing
gym next week! Who the hell she think she is, she is not all that!

Old 07-09-2011, 04:39 AM

223 posts, read 166,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
It also comes down to the same women lowering their standards the older that they get. They realize that time is ticking and unlike for men, women become less attractive as a whole package with time (not only in the physical sense).
In NY? Maybe there's a few over 75 year old women here who lowered their (superficial) standards enough to finally accept the fact that Brad Pitt isn't coming for them.

Old 07-09-2011, 04:46 AM

223 posts, read 166,416 times
I guess I can't post the pictures here but if anybody is interested..........e-mail me and I'll send you some pictures of some HARD CORE UGLY NYC single females over 50 who think that they are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and are rejecting any man who isn't tall and handsome.

Good for a laugh or good for the shock value when you see THESE "beauts".

Old 07-09-2011, 01:08 PM

647 posts, read 1,522,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Hard to meet women? Go out to clubs and bars.
I can't afford to go to clubs and bars. At any rate I'm not the kind of guy who'd pick up women from bars. I'm pretty dorky.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:21 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
I can't afford to go to clubs and bars. At any rate I'm not the kind of guy who'd pick up women from bars. I'm pretty dorky.
Picking up a girl at a club or at a bar is only great for a one night rompathon and if you know how to play your cards right by looking cute, flashy with money or your just good at talking to women you will pick one up. I heard it was much easier a decade ago with mega clubs back in the day. Picking up women at a bar or at a club does not make an ideal girlfriend but maybe friends with benefits.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:22 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobThe View Post
I guess I can't post the pictures here but if anybody is interested..........e-mail me and I'll send you some pictures of some HARD CORE UGLY NYC single females over 50 who think that they are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and are rejecting any man who isn't tall and handsome.

Good for a laugh or good for the shock value when you see THESE "beauts".

YO I wanna see. Some women in NYC I laugh at they think they the SH^T and they want the most perfect thing in the universe.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:04 AM

91 posts, read 164,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
the rest of your post was great except for this part.

OP, please don't hit on girls at the gym, most of them are there strictly to work out and you could potentially get in trouble. i have a friend that works at a gym and she has told me first hand that girls have actually complained to mgmt about guys that have bothered them at the gym.

rest of the advice in the post was good tho
There is a difference between bothering and talking.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:05 AM

91 posts, read 164,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
I completely disagree with you. I'm not saying to start hounding girls at the gym, but you can usually tell when a girl is open to talking. For example, if your stretching next to her on the mats and make eye contact, smile and say something harmless. More times than not they will say something back and you can spring up a conversation. Or if your both squatting in squat racks next to each other ask her in-between a set if she plays a sport. Easy as that. Obviously if a girl has headphones on and seems super-intense you don't want to bother her. Its not rocket science. A smile and harmless comment goes a long way. I think where most guys screw up is that they make it seem like they are hitting on the girl. Not a good idea. You want to strike up a harmless conversation and make her feel comfortable and go from there.
Exactly!!! You have to use some common sense.

Old 07-10-2011, 10:13 AM

961 posts, read 2,464,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Lol like shild support right? Most of my buddies are paying for that right now because of investing there time with these NYC ladies. Somebody screwed up along the lines. This is the reason why I prefer out of town girls or go out of town to meet women.
One thing I learned from talking to girls from out of town and dating them is that they are easier to impress. You don't have to try as hard, which is cool depending on your motives. Many NYC girls have alot of defense mechanisms.

But whether tri-state or out of town I've always been selective about who I'm serious with and it takes me a while to build a relationship, cause I don't want to be cuffed to damaged goods. But if its just a "buddy" situation, my requirements are only to have a cute face and some curves...and I let them know straight up what it is to leave out any confusions or misconceptions. Thankfully I've never had to disrespect any "buddy" or girlfriend. I hate drama.

Last edited by twist07; 07-10-2011 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: reworded
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City