Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 04:43 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,928,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Klato View Post
I completely agree with you. Also, ghetto is a behavior that is apart of every race. Ghetto = Black, LAtino, White, Asian, etc. Sadly, it's mostly Black and LAtinos that associate themselves with this type of behavior.

Ghetto Capitalist Anthem. My E.B.T. by Mr. EBT prod. by @captnhook_maine - YouTube
I must tell you that the MOST GHETTO person I ever encountered was ... white, white trash I guess she would be called anywhere else. I was working with her, her children, hopeless situation run by a truly and stupidly dysfunctional person, very destructive. Embraced every aspect of what might be termed ghetto behavior. I wondered a few times whether this was deliberate. She lived right across from the projects on FDB until she was finally forcibly evicted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 04:49 PM

32 posts, read 60,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABklynDude View Post
I was beaten, taunted for being white, Bronx man says after subway attack

Sadly I and many others I know have witnessed incidents like this in the city. Wonder where Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and all the other activist are for these incidents... Society is so quick to jump on the racism bandwagon when a black person is assaulted by a group of whites, but so slow to act when it is the other way around. Everyone should be outraged that this even happened, but the NYPD is dragging their feet on labeling this as a hate crime. Reverse racism is like dust... we all know its there, but it all gets swept under the rug.
(1) The term "reverse racism" is racist in itself. (2) Wtf are you talking about? Society really doesn't do a damn thing when Blacks (or other minorities) are victims of hate crimes. Who stands up for Black people when they're assaulted by racist whites? OTHER Black people, so don't give me that b.s. about "society" jumping to their aid.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
You know it's funny how people like Abklyndude and some others cry and whine about stories like this which we never hear about since they are so rare... meanwhile, if you read the comments on the dailynews website, or nypost, or times or any other article that speaks about a crime involving a black or hispanic, the outright racist discussions that emanate from those threads are disgusting...

Do I disagree with you that for the most part in today's generation in NYC Black people probably have the most prejudice against a group of people... NO... That being said, are white folk in any more danger than Black or hispanic folk because of this... NO again... White people are traditionally the only ones that have consistently acted out upon their hatred towards a group of people and if you think these sentiments are dead, boy you have never stepped foot in the south... I was just down in North Carolina for a friends wedding who happens to be Black and he was getting married in a very nice part of town, majority white...

And when we tried to get into the Texas Long Horn steakhouse around there one of the people that lived in the area that came with us spoke about a recent incident where they spit on his food and put hair on his plate because he was black and had a white girlfriend... (the area was mainly european)... We were there for about five minutes... as we're coming out and looking for car we rented we see that it had been keyed already by the locals who wanted to show us a proper "welcome"...

Please spare me and others on here the BS... about reverse racism and that if it was four white guys and a black guy the news would be up in arms... blah blah blah... if they do give it extra coverage it'll only be because these things had gone ignored for so many years and only in the last 10-15 years or so have race relations shown significant improvement and if you ask me were better a few years ago than they were now... It seems as if nowadays, people like Abklyndude are becoming more and more visible thanks to the internet and the fact that anonymity within the internet allows you to speak more freely has created this gap and the opinions that were held in 5-10 years ago and were deteriorating with the lowering of the crime rate are now publicly visible for everyone to see... and it goes both ways...

This is why people like Abklyndude post articles like this... It's to continue what has been started over a few years now to discuss the problems that black and hispanic youth cause and label them as the majority rather than the minority... Though many low-income minority areas in the city still suffer with their fair share of crime there are many other in and out of the city where working to middle-to upper middle class black and hispanic folks have nothing to do with crime and have moved out of former bad neighborhoods and have established solid middle class minority areas throughout the city and the country... Fact is, people of all races commit crimes and in this country it isn't black folks but white who are typically the perpetrators when it comes to this sort of crime... does it make what happened here right? obviously not, but let's not make this a bigger issue than what it is...
Amen.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:01 PM
DAS

2,532 posts, read 6,859,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Klato View Post
I completely agree with you. Also, ghetto is a behavior that is apart of every race. Ghetto = Black, LAtino, White, Asian, etc. Sadly, it's mostly Black and LAtinos that associate themselves with this type of behavior.
Really most?

Old 09-24-2011, 06:13 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
Really most?
Well, in NYC at least. Also, hip hop/rap promotes the ghetto behavior.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna777 View Post
EXACTLY I am a white female, moved to DC when I was 18 and ran into something I did not expect. REVERSE RACISM. I can not tell you how blatant the racism was, from not getting service in bars/restaurants, to being deliberately bumped into, called white ***** for NO reason, politely speaking to a black person and getting the "drop dead and die" stare. It was brutal!....I moved and have not been back in 5 years. Blacks in this day and time are more racist than whites, the only difference is they do not get held accountable for it. It is really unfair to the 30 under people who have nothing to do with history and just want to consider -people as people-. It is wayyy over due for black americans to be held accountable for their racist words, comedy, tv shows, songs, harrassment and actions.
Are we expected to feel bad for you for experiencing racism at ONE point in your life, when the rest of us are faced with it everyday? Yeah, it sucks. Be happy they did it to your face and are not just bashing your race in the privacy of their own homes or anonymously from a computer like a coward. Take a look around you, this forum (hell this thread alone) is SATURATED with closet racism but you don't see me whining and complaining about it b/c none of these people on here or in the street matter to me. Why should what a perfect stranger thinks/says about White people bother you? Especially since you are not subjected to this kind of treatment by the larger host society b/c you are White. If a Black person discriminates against you, does it put you at an unfair advantage or limit your social/economic opportunities in any way? No, it doesn't. So get a grip and find something else to bellyache about b/c racism sure as he ll doesn't affect your life on the same level as it affects everyone else.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:54 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
After a while, don't you find this particular debate hilarious? There's no such thing as 'reverse' racism. There's only racism, which happens to be a two-way street.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:59 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowG View Post
Are we expected to feel bad for you for experiencing racism at ONE point in your life, when the rest of us are faced with it everyday? Yeah, it sucks. Be happy they did it to your face and are not just bashing your race in the privacy of their own homes or anonymously from a computer like a coward. Take a look around you, this forum (hell this thread alone) is SATURATED with closet racism but you don't see me whining and complaining about it b/c none of these people on here or in the street matter to me. Why should what a perfect stranger thinks/says about White people bother you? Especially since you are not subjected to this kind of treatment by the larger host society b/c you are White. If a Black person discriminates against you, does it put you at an unfair advantage or limit your social/economic opportunities in any way? No, it doesn't. So get a grip and find something else to bellyache about b/c racism sure as he ll doesn't affect your life on the same level as it affects everyone else.

Dude you're telling this girl to get a grip, yet you're responding to someone from well over two months ago whom I haven't seen post here again since?

I think you're the one who outta take a breath, guy...

Old 09-26-2011, 05:34 PM

801 posts, read 1,105,196 times
Bla, bla, bla!!!! Shot down this crap !!!!!!! Who cares anyway? ..........

Old 09-26-2011, 05:48 PM

180 posts, read 335,288 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City