Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 12:04 PM

84 posts, read 143,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post

Did you read anon1's post?! Dude was, actually, agreeing with you.
Read the beginning part of the first sentence in his comment: (I've been following this guy's posts and while I don't agree with most of what he says).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Much of that discrepancy you see is due to this being not any single individual person or a group with some kind of unified agenda. It's hard for it to be hypocrisy or a facade when it isn't actually the same people. It's a similar situation between your posts and those of hablodecorazon--you make good points whereas hablodecorazon has made claims without much evidence (and often in the evidence of the contrary which he dismisses). However, he makes claims as if speaking for PRs as a group while there are certainly PRs who would probably distance themselves from him.

Tangential to this topic: there's a great post going around the Asia subforum where one user keeps on ranting about anime and how proud he is as an Asian person. It's downright embarrassing what's being said but he says it as if he's doing it on behalf of all Asians. As an Asian person, I would prefer he be punted in the balls.
Now what is you talking about OyCrumber? The only evidence that you claim that Albanians are the majority nationality population in East Williamsburg is a picture with two cars facing each other with Albanian graffiti, an Albanian flag and some other Albanian art talking about you was there last weekend with your brothers/sisters. I don't even know if there is/are any Albanians living in East Williamsburg due to your lack of evidence but I will find out this Saturday afternoon though.

Meanwhile, I've posted 2 youtube video clips and 3 webpages all recent (2013), including a webpage about the unaccuracy in the Puertorican U.S. Census counts as proof that there is no contradictions in all of my comments. And the only Puertoricans that would distance themselves from me are the Puertoricans that consider themselves all american and deny to speak Spanish.

Last edited by hablodecorazon2013; 06-17-2013 at 12:30 PM..

Old 06-17-2013, 12:33 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,557,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hablodecorazon2013 View Post
Read the beginning part of the first sentence in his comment: (I've been following this guy's posts and while I don't agree with most of what he says).
Yes, but on that particular subject of hipsters coming into neighborhoods, he was agreeing with you.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:36 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,277,550 times
Quote:
And the only Puertoricans that would distance themselves from me are the Puertoricans that consider themselves all american and deny to speak Spanish.
There are puerto ricans that have been in North Brooklyn for generations that do not speak a lick of Spanish. Their ancestors came over 75+ years ago. I find that all puerto ricans in Brooklyn speak english, but I do not find all of them to speak spanish.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
There are puerto ricans that have been in North Brooklyn for generations that do not speak a lick of Spanish. Their ancestors came over 75+ years ago. I find that all puerto ricans in Brooklyn speak english, but I do not find all of them to speak spanish.
I'm not talking the Puertoricans consider themselves Puertoricans and do not know speak Spanish, I'm talking about the Puertorican that consider themselves (identify themselves as) American instead of Puertorican and/or deny that they speak Spanish (even though they know Spanish fluently).

Old 06-17-2013, 01:01 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,889,069 times
Quote:
Now what is you talking about OyCrumber? The only evidence that you claim that Albanians are the majority nationality population in East Williamsburg is a picture with two cars facing each other with Albanian graffiti, an Albanian flag and some other Albanian art talking about you was there last weekend with your brothers/sisters. I don't even know if there is/are any Albanians living in East Williamsburg due to your lack of evidence but I will find out this Saturday afternoon though.

Meanwhile, I've posted 2 youtube video clips and 3 webpages all recent (2013), including a webpage about the unaccuracy in the Puertorican U.S. Census counts as proof that there is no contradictions in all of my comments. And the only Puertoricans that would distance themselves from me are the Puertoricans that consider themselves all american and deny to speak Spanish.
If you are so proud of being Puerto Rican, why arent you living in Puerto Rico?
? .Puerto Ricans have no claim to any place in NY as some sort of homeland, because Nee York has no true history with Puerto Rico! Ethnic groups have come and go in Nyc. People will live where they can afford. If you want to be able to stay in these neighborhoods, get a job that enables you to live there! Buy property there. Or otherwise be removed, plain and simple.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnyckid View Post
Yes, but on that particular subject of hipsters coming into neighborhoods, he was agreeing with you.
I never stated that the hipsters are the dominant population in any area of East Williamsburg and I never stated that hipsters claim to be cool with black and Spanish folks. I actually stated the total opposite, so therefore he disagreed with me.

Proof: too many hipsters that I've dealt with claim to be cool with black and Spanish folk and yet on the streets in certain areas of East Williamsburg where they have become the dominant presence

Old 06-17-2013, 01:22 PM

1,268 posts, read 2,557,540 times
Quote:
I never stated that the hipsters are the dominant population in any area of East Williamsburg and I never stated that hipsters claim to be cool with black and Spanish folks. I actually stated the total opposite, so therefore he disagreed with me.

Proof: too many hipsters that I've dealt with claim to be cool with black and Spanish folk and yet on the streets in certain areas of East Williamsburg where they have become the dominant presence
You know what...Nevermind, it's all good.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:25 PM

Post I've been proving that East Williamsburg is a Puertorican neighborhood for days already.

This conversation is getting boring. Lets comment about jobs/business opportunities for Puertoricans, low income/affordable housing for Puertoricans, non-discrimination rights for Puertoricans, etc. Any comments and/or suggestions?

Old 06-17-2013, 02:36 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,892,434 times
Quote:
This conversation is getting boring. Lets comment about jobs/business opportunities for Puertoricans, low income/affordable housing for Puertoricans, non-discrimination rights for Puertoricans, etc. Any comments and/or suggestions?

Trololololol ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City