Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 05:21 AM

337 posts, read 969,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPNY10 View Post
Why not I see many families here getting along well. Children of all backgrounds playing OUTSIDE on the sidewalks much like how I grew up... Streets such as Jefferson, Hancock, Arlington and Macon have a great feel on the Bedford side. In Stuyvesant Heights the landmarked part and some parts to the north that are not landmarked give other brownstone areas competition in architecture.
We are a multiracial family I am White American and my wife is from Spain but grew up in London. My sister and brother are both married to African Americans so our family is all over the place. I don't care about skin color I want my children to live around different cultures. The streets we are looking to buy seem not to have heavy crime according to the police records. It seems like mostly home owners that really keep things up. I know the blocks in Stuyvesant Heights have won many awards for being the greenest block in Brooklyn. The people in this community really seem to care about where they live and most are active in neighborhood groups. I have to say it is one of the few places that feels like a community these days in NYC.
Well ok. If you want to conduct a social experiment while raising your kid. If they grow up to be a gruggie or get impregnated by some gangbanger you will only have yourself to blame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 09:15 AM

4 posts, read 15,935 times
el77 your too funny gruggie and impregnated by some gangbanger... I guess all the people in Bedford Stuyvesant are impregnated by gangbangers. All those old ladies are really bloods and all those churches on every corner are really gang hideouts... What world do you live in el77? Do you get out much? Have you ever been to Stuyvesant Heights? I am here right now and I don't see any gang impregnated people....

Old 07-24-2011, 09:38 AM

92 posts, read 270,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpny10 View Post
el77 your too funny gruggie and impregnated by some gangbanger... I guess all the people in bedford stuyvesant are impregnated by gangbangers. All those old ladies are really bloods and all those churches on every corner are really gang hideouts... What world do you live in el77? Do you get out much? Have you ever been to stuyvesant heights? I am here right now and i don't see any gang impregnated people....
+1000

Old 07-24-2011, 12:34 PM

961 posts, read 2,464,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPNY10 View Post
el77 your too funny gruggie and impregnated by some gangbanger... I guess all the people in Bedford Stuyvesant are impregnated by gangbangers. All those old ladies are really bloods and all those churches on every corner are really gang hideouts... What world do you live in el77? Do you get out much? Have you ever been to Stuyvesant Heights? I am here right now and I don't see any gang impregnated people....

Pay him no mind, he seldom if ever goes to Brooklyn, he lives in the Bronx (throwing rocks from a glass house) and he has a penchant for making racist comments and talking about things he knows nothing about.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:09 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,920 times
Brooklyn mechanic shot dead in deli; Cops eye 'clear' surveillance video of killer and crime

not trying to scare but if you do decide to move understand that this area still deals with its fair share of problems while it has experimented gentrification... As is always the suggestion, visit the neighborhood a few times at different hours... the vibe you get at 6am or 12pm may not be the same vibe you get at 8 or 10pm... make sure you feel comfortable in this area before the investment... again, best of luck...

Old 07-25-2011, 03:38 PM

Man shot dead in fight over a woman in Washington Heights paella restaurant, witnesses say

Better stay away from Washington Heights, too.

Man Shot in Greenpoint Jewelry Store Robbery | NBC New York

And Greenpoint, too!

Better yet, better just stay home in front of your computer and never venture out!

Old 07-25-2011, 03:53 PM

stencil you have problems... how I am trying to fear monger with a simple comment like this i'm still trying to wrap my head around...

"not trying to scare but if you do decide to move understand that this area still deals with its fair share of problems while it has experimented gentrification... As is always the suggestion, visit the neighborhood a few times at different hours... the vibe you get at 6am or 12pm may not be the same vibe you get at 8 or 10pm... make sure you feel comfortable in this area before the investment... again, best of luck..."

Old 07-25-2011, 06:38 PM

Don't make this about me, anon1. Was just pointing out that this kinda stuff happens all over the place, not just in the places on which you seem to be fixated.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:31 PM

Btw, wash heights is another troubled area so i'm not sure why you would even post that... To the greenpoint post, I don't disagree with you that crime happens everywhere and its not isolated to these areas... but if you read the greenpoint article, half of it was talking about how shocked the neighbors and the people from the neighborhood were that this happened in such a good and safe area... did you read the same thing in the article i posted? fact is, I said it myself that the area is experiencing some serious gentrification by all different types of races and it is becoming a solid working-to middle class area... that being said, it still deals with its fair share of problems that anyone without a motive should let a person whose debating on whether or not to move there know...

Old 07-26-2011, 08:59 AM

So some places are bad and others are badder and others are less bad and only you understand the differences and others should just be really careful and if something bad happens in a less bad area you're surprised and it will probably never happen again.

Okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City