Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 04:05 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,235,134 times

Advertisements

I feel really bad for you that they touched your butt like that. Thats just wrong. That should never ever happen to any woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908WAGY View Post
You are in their neighborhood. You'd be better off further downtown where most of the population is white. Why should the neighborhood change, to suit you?
Its only a matter of time before that part of manhattan gentrifies as well. Upper manhattan is one of the last remaining areas. The public streets belong to the public btw...

Old 07-23-2011, 04:15 PM

2 posts, read 5,193 times

wow!!!! sorry you ahd to go thur this....but it is what it is get used to it

Old 07-23-2011, 04:19 PM

2 posts, read 5,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
As a guy if you go to the following hoods of Washington Heights, Inwood, University Heights, Morris Heights, High Bridge and Kingsbridge and you see those Dominican girls, your tounge will drop to the floor and will be real difficult to get back up. I remember I was on a bus on MLK boulevard, and this Dominican chick was wearing a two piece, you can see her nipple poping out and every guy was staring, she didnt mind the looks. Then again it was a hot day she was probably off to the pool.

lmao!!!! your too funny but yes i get what you mean those dominican women love ATTENTION!!!!

Old 07-23-2011, 04:44 PM

I guess since I grew up around them all the time, maybe I got desensitized, or maybe Ive traveled too much. But I dont see what the big deal is about Dominican women. I find many homely. Different strokes for different folks...Plus i cant help but feel like people In this thread are starting to stereotype like crazy now...

Old 07-23-2011, 04:47 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
@ Nooyowkur depends on what you mean by gentrify... East Harlem, Wash Heights and Inwood have already experienced gentrification but if you tell me that you think that by gentrification they will become majority white or even close to that areas... I highly doubt that...(also people are talking about the white population in Wash Heights as if that's solely the new crowd when the reality was and is that there is a significant jewish population before and still there)... I'll give you at best a Clinton Hill/Fort Greene type of scenario but too many projects and/or concentrated poverty in one area to fully get better... And as for Harlem people still don't realize that while the white population did skyrocket in the 2000s... there percentage is still around 10% maybe a little more... About 65& of the population of Harlem overall is still black and then the other 25% is hispanic... So while I do agree that Harlem has experienced some serious gentrification and there are parts over there that are near complete gentrification, alot of it still remains the same in terms of demographics and the people living there...

Old 07-23-2011, 04:47 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordlife View Post
ugh, this type of thinking sums up why the midwest is easily the most undesirable part of the country.

Thanks for doing us that favor. You only have yourself to blame for your experience, although I do have to say those "harlemnewbie" posts were quite hilarious.
Lol hahahaha, no one can never forget harlem newbie. I remember she was complaning about harlem and she needed to move, and then shd fell in love with another transplant who was broke but majoring in business. Man time can sure fly.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
@ Nooyowkur depends on what you mean by gentrify... East Harlem, Wash Heights and Inwood have already experienced gentrification but if you tell me that you think that by gentrification they will become majority white or even close to that areas... I highly doubt that... I'll give you at best a Clinton Hill/Fort Greene type of scenario but too many projects and/or concentrated poverty in one area to fully get better... And as for Harlem people still don't realize that while the white population did skyrocket in the 2000s... there percentage is still around 10% maybe a little more... About 65& of the population of Harlem overall is still black and then the other 25% is hispanic... So while I do agree that Harlem has experienced some serious gentrification and there are parts over there that are near complete gentrification, alot of it still remains the same in terms of demographics and the people living there...
Gentrification doesnt automatically mean becoming majority white, tsk tsk anon. The reason I believe wash heights in particular will gentrify is because its already starting to happen in nearby areas. I frequent these areas regularly. In wash heights as soon as the old dominican family croaks or moves out the landlords are remodeling and raising rents. There is the instant microwave billyburg type of gentrification and there is also the more gradual one that you see in upper manhattan. Manhattan is becoming totally unaffordable to working people.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:55 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
Um, the Midwest isn't the least desirable part of the country. That title would belong to the South.
You mean Michigan.

Old 07-23-2011, 04:57 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
Wow bro.. did you even read the full comment...

and i quote

"@ Nooyowkur depends on what you mean by gentrify... East Harlem, Wash Heights and Inwood have already experienced gentrification..."

my only thought about what you means was this "but if you tell me that you think that by gentrification they will become majority white or even close to that areas... I highly doubt that..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City